Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » Dojo support changes
Dojo support changes [message #820216] Tue, 13 March 2012 21:34 Go to next message
Theresa Ramsey is currently offline Theresa RamseyFriend
We've made a few changes to the Dojo support in .8:
- Update the Dojo projects to version .8 (was .7) which uses Dojo toolkit version 1.7.1 (was 1.6.1).
- By default, the Dojo remote project ("0.8.0 (Dojo 1.7.1 Remote) is used instead of the local Dojo project. When you create a new EGL Web 2.0 project, the org.eclipse.edt.rui.dojo.remote_0.8.0 project will be brought into your workspace. You need to be connected to the internet to use the remote Dojo toolkit.
- You no longer need a Google API key to use the remote Dojo hosted by Google.
- We've updated the readme for the remote project.
- You can still use the local Dojo toolkit, say for when you are not connected to the internet. Select "0.8.0 (Dojo 1.7.1)" under the Version column in the Library settings of your Web 2.0 project.

All of these changes should be in the M3 build (some are in earlier nightly builds too).
Re: Dojo support changes [message #827018 is a reply to message #820216] Thu, 22 March 2012 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Foster is currently offline Ben FosterFriend
I have just completed the update for M3 of EDT. It broke the dedicatedService references which I have resolved via Wiki documentation.
It also broke org.eclipse.edt.rui.dojo_0.7.0 and org.eclipse.edt.rui.widgets_0.7.0 with a plethora of errors leading me here. Regarding the above instructions, i.e. "Update the Dojo projects to version .8 (was .7) which uses Dojo toolkit version 1.7.1 (was 1.6.1). ", just how does one go about doing this for my existing project?
Re: Dojo support changes [message #827029 is a reply to message #827018] Thu, 22 March 2012 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justin Spadea is currently offline Justin SpadeaFriend
Hi Ben,

You can get the new widget projects into your workspace by creating a new EGL project (which you can then delete). Then for your existing projects right-click them > Properties > EGL Build Path > change which projects are on the path. Once you've moved all your projects over to using the newer widget projects you can delete the old widget projects from your workspace (this is optional, to reduce clutter).

-Justin
Re: Dojo support changes [message #827045 is a reply to message #827029] Thu, 22 March 2012 20:36 Go to previous message
Ben Foster is currently offline Ben FosterFriend
Perfect! Thanks a lot! Smile
Previous Topic:Stakeholder meeting - Wed, March 21 10-11am Eastern US
Next Topic:New blog - IDE test server overview
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:55:42 GMT 2024