Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Visible and not visible classes
Visible and not visible classes [message #100287] Wed, 24 October 2007 08:43 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: egidijus.vaisnora.nomagiclt.com

Hello,

I have problems with classes and class visibility within OSGI.
I have a plugin, let call it Eclipse plugin A. This plugins exports his own API for loading some kind of plug-in for
himself - lets call them internal plugins of the Eclipse plugging (IPEP) which have nothing to do with Eclipse plugins. IPEP
are loaded on separate URLClassLoader (I suppose it must has a bundle classloader as a Parent class loader). Problem is that a
third part Eclipse plugin has a dependency on my Eclipse plugin A (it is ok) and also it desires to see classes from the IPEP,
but these classes, loaded by my plugin are not found.
I know, that perhaps IPEP is not proper solution for OSGI platform, but perhaps there is any way to expose classes of IPEP
to whole OSGI platform? I have tried to use "Export-Packages" but not successful. Thank you for your help and time.

Kind Regards,
Egidijus
Re: Visible and not visible classes [message #100581 is a reply to message #100287] Tue, 30 October 2007 06:39 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: egidijus.vaisnora.nomagiclt.com

I will ask in different way - is any good (easy) solution to expose classes, loaded from the custom class loader, to be visible
for other OSGI bundles?
Previous Topic:jmx consoles
Next Topic:OSGI-server/JSP integration : missing org.eclipse.equinox.http.helper bundle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:08:05 GMT 2024