Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Mylyn Github task repository responds with connection refused(Mylyn Github task repository responds with connection refused)
Mylyn Github task repository responds with connection refused [message #818526] Sun, 11 March 2012 19:48 Go to next message
Rob Winch is currently offline Rob WinchFriend
The company I work for has purchased github enterprise and has the latest version deployed over http. When I try to configure a new task repository Mylyn Github repository type, I get an error stating "Error validating settings: Connection refused".

If I copy the Server url into a browser I am able to connect just fine. I am also able to connect to github.com with the connector.

When I looked at the FAQ it states that all requests are made over HTTPS [1]. So my question is, does the API strictly use HTTPS even if the URL that is configured is HTTP? If so, can this be relaxed in order to support deployments that are using only HTTP? If not, any suggestions for how to proceed?

[1] wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/GitHub/UserGuide#Frequently_Asked_Questions_.28FAQ.29
Re: Mylyn Github task repository responds with connection refused [message #818582 is a reply to message #818526] Sun, 11 March 2012 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin Sawicki is currently offline Kevin SawickiFriend
The API always uses HTTPS not matter what URL is entered.

What version of the GitHub Mylyn Connector are you using? Version 1.3.0 or above is recommended for GitHub Enterprise.

Also, can you share the URL you are trying to use? If you could, even replacing any private information with some other strings, it would help to diagnose why it can't connect.

Thanks,
Kevin Sawicki
Re: Mylyn Github task repository responds with connection refused [message #841871 is a reply to message #818582] Wed, 11 April 2012 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rene Molina is currently offline Rene MolinaFriend
Hello Kevin,

I saw this posting and it matches the problem I am having. I cannot seem to be able to connect to my company's github (github Enterprise). I am using the following:

Server: //github.xxxx.net/organizations/OUR-ORG
Label: organizations/OUR-ORG issues
User ID: <myId>
Password: <myPassword>

Whether I use http or https, it refuses the connection.

Hope to hear from you. Trying to use Mylyn for issue tracking/work env.
Re: Mylyn Github task repository responds with connection refused [message #998270 is a reply to message #841871] Wed, 09 January 2013 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremy Welch is currently offline Jeremy WelchFriend
I'm having this issue as well. My company's GitHub Enterprise implementation doesn't support HTTPS connections (don't ask me why, I have no idea), only HTTP and GIT/SSH.

I'd love to integrate Mylyn Tasks and the Issues from my project's repo, but I get a "Error validating settings: Connection refused: connect" error when I try to validate settings.

Server: http:// github. local.domain/me/project.git # Spaces added to fool BB editor
Label: me/project issues
User ID: me
Password: mypasswd
Disconnected: No
Anonymous: No
Save Password: Yes

I've tried multiple permutations of the available settings - no userid/pw; anonymous; disconnected; anonymous+disconnected; etc...

To answer the question asked above, I'm using EGit 2.1.0 currently. I see that 2.2.0 is out there, just on a different repo, so I'll update and give it a go.

I'm guessing that this all comes back to the core issue of the plugin ignoring the protocol specified in this window and using HTTPS instead for everything. That seems like a poor decision, when it comes to supporting GitHub Enterprise deployments, but I understand that that's a small subset of users.

Anyone found a way around this yet?
Re: Mylyn Github task repository responds with connection refused [message #1744879 is a reply to message #818526] Sat, 01 October 2016 08:23 Go to previous message
Prashanth 212 is currently offline Prashanth 212Friend
Hi,

Is this issue solved?

Thanks,
Prashanth
Previous Topic:EGit keeps showing CVS files in Unstaged/Staged view
Next Topic:Disconnect Project & Delete Repository Issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:53:14 GMT 2024