Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » eclipse metadata !!!!!
eclipse metadata !!!!! [message #815950] Thu, 08 March 2012 08:47 Go to next message
renjith gopinadhan is currently offline renjith gopinadhanFriend
Hi Guys,

When I tried to build an eclipse project in my machine I am getting a build error in the error list.But the project has successfully built and the binary has created in the out directory.

This is the error log:

Severity and Description Path Resource Location Creation Time Id
target `.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.make.core/specs.o' given more than once in the same rule. test Makefile line 73 1330960237025 79

Please have a look at this..

Thanks in advance!

Many kind regards,
/renjith_g
Re: eclipse metadata !!!!! [message #816025 is a reply to message #815950] Thu, 08 March 2012 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fabien Bourrel is currently offline Fabien BourrelFriend
Hello,
I do not know much about your 'problem' but you do not have to post a new topic if nobody answer the first one...

By the way, you can try to give more information about your project because I think, your error is not clear enough.

Fabien
Re: eclipse metadata !!!!! [message #816037 is a reply to message #816025] Thu, 08 March 2012 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks for the reply. I posted again when I failed to see my first post in the forum.sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I am using Xtensa xplorer having eclipse platform to build my C source files.

Can you tell me in which point you got some doubts so that I can clarify that

/ren
Re: eclipse metadata !!!!! [message #816130 is a reply to message #816037] Thu, 08 March 2012 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fabien Bourrel is currently offline Fabien BourrelFriend
Your build error seems to show an error in the Makefile (line 73)
The problem you are facing appears for each project or lonely on one in particular?
Just explain what you do to make us understand in which situation you get the error, if it is a user mistake, or a configuration problem or a bug.

Maybe, have a look on the Makefile should be a good option
Re: eclipse metadata !!!!! [message #816666 is a reply to message #816130] Fri, 09 March 2012 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I noted the error at Makefile line number 73

The problem I am facing in only one project and hence it is particular ofcource.That project is an xtensa xplorer workspace project which is having a format of .wxs

The project has only C source files and I have exported that project into a workspace and then I tried to import the same in some other place and at that time I am getting the above error.The code is correctly building and the binary is correctly created and so the issue is not related to any project settings issue and I suspect some eclipse related issue.

The MAKEFILE is created by the eclipse engine and that is automatic and hence there is no meaning in suspecting the logic in the makefile syntax issue.

/renC:\Documents and Settings\renjithg\Desktop\eclipse.JPG
Re: eclipse metadata !!!!! [message #816722 is a reply to message #816666] Fri, 09 March 2012 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
That is a weird error. The file .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.make.core/specs.o is created by the internal scanner discovery. That way Eclipse gets the include paths and predefined symbols from the compiler. AFAIK that file is created by directly calling the compiler (see Project Properties->C/C++ Build->Discovery options). There should be no Makefile involved. I don't know what is causing the error but at the moment I would say you can savely ignore it (you can delete the error in the Problem View). If the error reoccurs you should post it.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: eclipse metadata !!!!! [message #816746 is a reply to message #816722] Fri, 09 March 2012 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yes, weird!!!
Sorry, I tried to grab the option you mentioned Properties->C/C++ Build->Discovery options, but failed to see that.I have only the option 'environment' under the tab.

Yes, I deleted the error and re-built the same but the same error is recurring here Sad

Also I gave clean build and same issue happened.

also , deleted the make files and done a refresh and tried ,again no use Sad

thanks for the reply.

/ren
Re: eclipse metadata !!!!! [message #816974 is a reply to message #816746] Fri, 09 March 2012 13:33 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
renjith gopinadhan wrote on Fri, 09 March 2012 09:03

Yes, weird!!!
Sorry, I tried to grab the option you mentioned Properties->C/C++ Build->Discovery options, but failed to see that.I have only the option 'environment' under the tab.
/ren

You should see much more options. Perhaps your problem is related to Xtensa xplorer.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:Eclipse C/C++ and OpenCASCADE Libraries problem
Next Topic:Debug view does not show variables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:20:31 GMT 2024