Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » free c naming convention checker(free c naming convention checker)
free c naming convention checker [message #815545] Wed, 07 March 2012 20:00 Go to next message
doc Mising name is currently offline doc Mising nameFriend
Hi,
I'm looking for a c naming convention checker that can enforce the usage of standards in function naming (public and private), variables, ...
I looked a lot around in the network but I just found some commercial tools or java ones from google, .. but nothing for c.
I read about codan but I was not able to find an example of some standard rules to start from.
Can you suggest me something?
thanks
michele
Re: free c naming convention checker [message #815980 is a reply to message #815545] Thu, 08 March 2012 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
The code analyzer CODAN that is builtin to Eclipse can check function naming (Preferences->C/C++->Code Analysis).

There is also this tool http://www.inspirel.com/vera/

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: free c naming convention checker [message #816123 is a reply to message #815980] Thu, 08 March 2012 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thank you for your reply: is it not clear to me how I can customize the code analysis to check my own rules.
I'll check also vera.
Thank you very much
icon5.gif  Re: free c naming convention checker [message #877716 is a reply to message #816123] Sun, 27 May 2012 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
I'm checking CODAN and I tried to understand how to make my own checker: I downloaded the example MyChecker but I cannot understand how to install it.
Is there a way to modify the standard checkers that comes with CODAN? Maybe it could be more easy for me to do that? Where can I find them in Eclipse path?
Thank you very much
michele
Re: free c naming convention checker [message #878363 is a reply to message #877716] Tue, 29 May 2012 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
doc Mising name wrote on Sun, 27 May 2012 15:57
Hi,
I'm checking CODAN and I tried to understand how to make my own checker: I downloaded the example MyChecker but I cannot understand how to install it.
Is there a way to modify the standard checkers that comes with CODAN? Maybe it could be more easy for me to do that? Where can I find them in Eclipse path?
Thank you very much
michele

Here is some documentation http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/designs/StaticAnalysis

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: free c naming convention checker [message #878730 is a reply to message #878363] Tue, 29 May 2012 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi i checked this page, I downloaded the example in the page but I cannot find any "how-to" to install the plugin.
thanks
michele
Re: free c naming convention checker [message #878745 is a reply to message #878730] Tue, 29 May 2012 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yevgeny Shifrin is currently offline Yevgeny ShifrinFriend
Hi,

I looked at this example and it seems like eclipse plug-in project. In order to use it you need to have eclipse with RCP and CDT (for CODAN) abilities. I would suggest adding to your CDT eclipse RCP abilities (Help->Install New Software you should add RCP related features, I do not remember which update site should be chosen. Just "google" it). Once you have eclipse with RCP and CDT you should import this project to your workspace (File->Import->Existing Project Into Workspace). There are 2 possibilities to run it:
1) Run this plug-in as eclipse application (meaning it will run additional eclipse with this plug-in).
2) Once plug-in development is finished you need wrap this plug-in into feature and to wrap the feature into update site. Once you have an update site, you can install it using (Help->Install New Software-> ...). In update site location make sure to choose "local update site" option.

If you are new with Eclipse plug-ins development, I would suggest to find some information online and do some tutorials.

Thanks,
Yevgeny
Re: free c naming convention checker [message #879389 is a reply to message #878745] Thu, 31 May 2012 05:54 Go to previous message
Thank you very much, I'll try. I'm completely new to eclipse and it's not easy to undestard how it works.
Thank you again
michele
Previous Topic:Eclipse based LPCxpresso problem
Next Topic:Linker dependency isn't working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:15:25 GMT 2024