Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Migration existing app from 3.7 RCP to e4 RCP(Migration with compability layer)
Migration existing app from 3.7 RCP to e4 RCP [message #815349] Wed, 07 March 2012 14:39 Go to next message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
Hello all,

I want to migrate an existing application(3.7) to an e4 RCP application.

But i have a few problems with this task. I have used Lars Vogel's article about the Compatibility Layer to get the e4 App running. But there are problems with the plug-ins I added to the Product file (They are missing for me).

So biggest problem are the repositories i use, they seem to have missing artifacts and features.

download.eclipse.org/e4/updates/0.12-I-builds
download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/3.8milestones
download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.2-I-builds

But in this repositories there are missing Features for me:
org.eclipse.emf.feature.group
org.eclipse.gef.feature.group

and also there are missing plug-ins in the product which are essential for e4 imho.
One of them is the org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.addons.swt plugin.

So are there more repository for e4 or must i work with the downloadable p2 repository from Version 4.2? Or is this a Cache problem vom eclipse?

Another question is it possible to build the e4 RCP App with maven-tycho, cause i use it for the 3.7 application.
Thanks for your help
Marvin

Re: Migration existing app from 3.7 RCP to e4 RCP [message #815533 is a reply to message #815349] Wed, 07 March 2012 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lars Vogel is currently offline Lars VogelFriend

Hi Marvin,

I would try http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno for emf and get.

Best regards, Lars
Re: Migration existing app from 3.7 RCP to e4 RCP [message #819028 is a reply to message #815349] Mon, 12 March 2012 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
Thanks for the help Lars,
this helped me for the GEF and EMF Features.

I solved another problem with adding
org.eclipse.core.runtime
org.eclipse.equinox.ds
org.eclipse.equinox.event
to the autostart of my Launch configuration. After i have done this, i could build with Maven Tycho. So i got a launchable e4 RCP app.

So my app runs now as an RCP e4 application. But not in eclipse, there i get this error stack.

Thanks for Help
Marvin
Quote:
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in org.caa.rcp.app was unable to load class org.caa.rcp.app.skeleton.Application.
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.throwException(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:194)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:176)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:905)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:55)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:191)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:352)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:624)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:579)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1433)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1409)
Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter$TerminatingClassNotFoundException: An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.caa.rcp.app (175).
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:122)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:463)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:216)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:395)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:464)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:421)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:412)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:340)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:229)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1212)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:174)
... 16 more
Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The activator org.caa.rcp.app.skeleton.Activator for bundle org.caa.rcp.app is invalid
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:172)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:679)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:300)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:440)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.setLazyTrigger(BundleLoader.java:263)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:107)
... 28 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/ui/plugin/AbstractUIPlugin
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.defineClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:188)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClassHoldingLock(ClasspathManager.java:626)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClass(ClasspathManager.java:608)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:562)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:486)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:459)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:216)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:395)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:464)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:421)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:412)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:340)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:229)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:165)
... 34 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.ui.plugin.AbstractUIPlugin
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:501)
... 53 more
Re: Migration existing app from 3.7 RCP to e4 RCP [message #819339 is a reply to message #819028] Mon, 12 March 2012 19:56 Go to previous message
Lars Vogel is currently offline Lars VogelFriend

Sounds like your product is missing requirements. Also check your activator org.caa.rcp.app.skeleton.Activator for bundle org.caa.rcp.app.
Previous Topic:e4xmi Snippets - What are they?
Next Topic:Starting commands manually
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:11:57 GMT 2024