Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Exception caught during execution of commit command
Exception caught during execution of commit command [message #811808] Fri, 02 March 2012 21:22 Go to next message
R Shapiro is currently offline R ShapiroFriend
Suddenly I'm running into very nasty errors with egit, after months of running without any significant issues. I had been running the 2.0 nightlies so the first thing I did was to get an entirely new Eclipse download and install the stable egit instead (1.3.0.201202151440-r). It made no difference. I also tried trashing and recreating my workspaces. Again, no difference.

Here's an example of what happens now when I try to commit:

org.eclipse.jgit.api.errors.JGitInternalException: Exception caught during execution of commit command
at org.eclipse.jgit.api.CommitCommand.call(CommitCommand.java:277)
at org.eclipse.egit.core.op.CommitOperation.commit(CommitOperation.java:255)
at org.eclipse.egit.core.op.CommitOperation.access$7(CommitOperation.java:233)
at org.eclipse.egit.core.op.CommitOperation$1.run(CommitOperation.java:197)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2344)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2326)
at org.eclipse.egit.core.op.CommitOperation.execute(CommitOperation.java:207)
at org.eclipse.egit.ui.internal.commit.CommitUI$2.run(CommitUI.java:220)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Caused by: java.io.EOFException: Input did not match supplied length. 294 bytes are missing.
at org.eclipse.jgit.storage.file.ObjectDirectoryInserter.shortInput(ObjectDirectoryInserter.java:237)
at org.eclipse.jgit.storage.file.ObjectDirectoryInserter.toTemp(ObjectDirectoryInserter.java:168)
at org.eclipse.jgit.storage.file.ObjectDirectoryInserter.insert(ObjectDirectoryInserter.java:105)
at org.eclipse.jgit.api.CommitCommand.createTemporaryIndex(CommitCommand.java:363)
at org.eclipse.jgit.api.CommitCommand.call(CommitCommand.java:195)
... 8 more

Similar things happen on add etc -- commit is just one example.

I've also seen it hang completely when dragging from from "Unstaged Changes" to "Stage Changes". I don't mean slow, I mean hung, as in, Eclipse is pegging a CPU and has to be force-quit.

What's going on?

Build info:

eclipse.buildId=M20120208-0800
java.version=1.6.0_29
java.vendor=Apple Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product -keyring /Users/xxxxx/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
Command-line arguments: -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product -keyring /Users/xxxxx/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
Re: Exception caught during execution of commit command [message #814258 is a reply to message #811808] Tue, 06 March 2012 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan Lay is currently offline Stefan LayFriend
This may have been fixed with commit 88fe2836edab8d8ce82d28ac submitted at March 3rd. There is a bug https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=369780 and also a similar discussion: http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/278732/

Please retry with a nightly build.
Re: Exception caught during execution of commit command [message #814514 is a reply to message #814258] Tue, 06 March 2012 14:46 Go to previous message
R Shapiro is currently offline R ShapiroFriend
I wasn't able to get the nightlies last week but I can today. So far so good.
Previous Topic:Newest JGit broken?
Next Topic:EGit doesn't attach itself to projects in the Resource Explorer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:17:40 GMT 2024