Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Disable annotations in editor: possible?
Disable annotations in editor: possible? [message #810088] Wed, 29 February 2012 17:15 Go to next message
admiral nelson is currently offline admiral nelsonFriend
Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to remove annotations related to build issues from the editor, but still keep the errors (resp. warnings) highlighted in red (resp. yellow) in the "CDT Build Console".

Reason: I personally think that too much stuff is highlighted/annotated in the editor. If it was only the source of the error, it would be OK for me. But for instance, in the case of ambiguous code:
A.cxx:58: error: request for member 'toto' is ambiguous
B2.h:35: error: candidates are: B  B2::toto
C2.h:62: error:                 const C& C2::toto() const

There will be red highlighting in the 3 files, even though B2.h and C2.h contain correct code and the issue is only in A.cxx

So yeah I would like to know if there is a way to disable CDT build annotations from the editor. Is this possible?

Thank you very much.

[Updated on: Wed, 29 February 2012 17:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Disable annotations in editor: possible? [message #810549 is a reply to message #810088] Thu, 01 March 2012 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Preferences->General->Editor->Text editors->Annotations

or just type "annotations" in the preference page

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Disable annotations in editor: possible? [message #810812 is a reply to message #810549] Thu, 01 March 2012 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
admiral nelson is currently offline admiral nelsonFriend
This only allows to remove _all_ warnings and errors without the option to filter the source.

I would like to remove only the ones generated by the build log parser while at the same time keeping the red/yellow highlights in the build console and also the code analysis error and warnings in the editor.y

I guess this is just not possible. Shame.

Thanks anyway.
Re: Disable annotations in editor: possible? [message #811336 is a reply to message #810812] Fri, 02 March 2012 07:59 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
You are correct. There is no possibility to filter the annotations for certain files.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:Can't find stdio.h and stdlib.h since upgrade to OSX 10.7.3 (Lion). gcc not found.
Next Topic:Call Hierarchy doesn't work as I would expect
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:54:00 GMT 2024