Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » Debugging ROCKS!!!!
Debugging ROCKS!!!! [message #808636] Tue, 28 February 2012 00:59 Go to next message
Joe Pluta is currently offline Joe PlutaFriend
I just wanted to post this to say how much I appreciate the new debugging paradigm. I intellectually understood it, but to make it work was just awesome. I have a Rich UI client that calls a service in response to a UI event. I put a breakpoint in the UI event handler, in the service, and in the callback function in the UI. I fire the UI event (an onChange, so it's just tabbing out of the field) and I hit the breakpoint in the event handler. I resume and I hit the event in the service. I resume again and I hit the breakpoint in the callback function.

You might think I'm being silly, but if you've ever programmed serious client/server code, you know just how powerful this is. Especially since the service used JDBC to get a record from a remote database - I got to see the record populated in the service and then the same record in the callback! This is the most fun I've had playing with a new programming tool in a long time. You will be reading about this in the near future in a magazine or two...
Re: Debugging ROCKS!!!! [message #808639 is a reply to message #808636] Tue, 28 February 2012 01:04 Go to previous message
fahua jin is currently offline fahua jinFriend
Glad to know the EDT debug tool helps you a lot Smile
Previous Topic:What is the correct SQLDataSource syntax?
Next Topic:Array Variable record
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:22:25 GMT 2024