Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » Simple Koneki question (or maybe not)
Simple Koneki question (or maybe not) [message #805565] Thu, 23 February 2012 22:51 Go to next message
Lua Bowski is currently offline Lua BowskiFriend
Hi,
I just downloaded Koneki a few days ago and love it. I was using TextMate (Mac-based editor), which has Lua syntax highlighting but not the Eclipse-templates stuff Koneki comes with. My day job is usually C/C++, and eclipse-templates have never been much use for me in that language, but for Lua it's great because I don't use it enough to have things like pairs vs. ipairs for loop syntax burned in my brain yet. Smile

So my question: the company where I work has exposed an API in Lua so people can write Lua scripts that use the exposed API function calls and pre-loaded variables for accessing and invoking stuff in their products. Right now I have to go back-forth to an API document (created by Doxygen), to remember what functions are exposed in what API objects, their arguments, etc. That's something I'd like to do away with, by using ctrl-space completion in Koneki/Eclipse. But just writing more eclipse-templates isn't going to do that, as far as I can tell. Do I have to go into writing Java code and create a DOM/AST, in order to do something like that? I don't care about running the code or even debugging it through Koneki - just the creation/editing.

I'm not looking for anyone to do the work for me - I'm willing to do the work, but I was wondering how much work that would be, and where I can go to learn how. (I've tried perusing the Git repository for Koneki but it's hard to figure out where the actual code is that does anything but boilerplates and inventories for Java, and Eclipse FAQs are very confusing and not detailed enough)

It seems to me that there must be a lot of custom/proprietary APIs exposed into Lua by different people, for which a way to provide their respective API info into Koneki/Eclipse would make it super-popular.

I'd be grateful for any pointers/clues. Thanks in advance!
Re: Simple Koneki question (or maybe not) [message #805753 is a reply to message #805565] Fri, 24 February 2012 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oooohhh wait a sec - I just found and downloaded the super-secret beta-version Koneki with "content-assist" SDK support, and that may just fit the bill. Smile

Nice job!
Re: Simple Koneki question (or maybe not) [message #805847 is a reply to message #805753] Fri, 24 February 2012 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin Cabé is currently offline Benjamin CabéFriend

Lua Bowski wrote on Fri, 24 February 2012 06:03
Oooohhh wait a sec - I just found and downloaded the super-secret beta-version Koneki [...]

I am litterally rolling on the floor laughing! Razz
Please keep us posted! We are definitely looking for feedback before making this available in the official version.

FWIW, you might want to have a special look at the "luadocumentor" command-line tool which, with some tweaks, could allow you to automatically generate the SDK definition files from your code documented with Doxygen.

Re: Simple Koneki question (or maybe not) [message #805902 is a reply to message #805847] Fri, 24 February 2012 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin Cabé is currently offline Benjamin CabéFriend

I have fixed the bug you filed regarding content-assist not working when methods/fields contain upper case characters.
If you have Maven 3 on your system, testing it should be quite easy:

You will end up with the built products in product/target/products

Re: Simple Koneki question (or maybe not) [message #806224 is a reply to message #805902] Fri, 24 February 2012 18:16 Go to previous message
Awesome - I will try it out as soon as I can. Thanks for the quick turnaround!
Previous Topic:Cannot use any LTD feature on Mac
Next Topic:code assistance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:13:10 GMT 2024