Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Developing with RAP
Developing with RAP [message #802705] Mon, 20 February 2012 10:33 Go to next message
David Casas is currently offline David CasasFriend

Hi guys,

I was wondering if its possible to work with RAP to create a well-designed web-site + application. Well, I am an RCP Developer and now I am trying to work with RAP to create a website that will receive information by a server socket constantly, that's why I wanted to create a RAP app.

On the other hand, I am assuming it is quite difficult to create a nice website in RAP so I am wondering if the best option is to create a website and a rich application linked to this website...

What do you recommend me?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers

pd: Do you know any website with RAPs examples?

[Updated on: Mon, 20 February 2012 10:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Developing with RAP [message #802715 is a reply to message #802705] Mon, 20 February 2012 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Angelo ZERR is currently offline Angelo ZERRFriend
Hi David,

You have an online RAP demo with our (RCP+RAP) XDocReport Application at http://xdocreport-rap.opensagres.cloudbees.net/xdocreport?startup=fr.opensagres.xdocreport.eclipse.ui.application

In this demo you have several features like GEF, Nebula Pagination+Picture+PShelf control, Forms using, etc.

Hope you will like it.

Regards Angelo

Re: Developing with RAP [message #802718 is a reply to message #802705] Mon, 20 February 2012 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Angelo ZERR is currently offline Angelo ZERRFriend
Hi David,

You have an online RAP demo with our (RCP+RAP) XDocReport Application at http://xdocreport-rap.opensagres.cloudbees.net/xdocreport?startup=fr.opensagres.xdocreport.eclipse.ui.application

In this demo you have several features like GEF, Nebula Pagination+Picture+PShelf control, Forms using, etc.

Hope you will like it.

Regards Angelo
Re: Developing with RAP [message #802762 is a reply to message #802718] Mon, 20 February 2012 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks Angelo,

I saw your demo before, but this is not like the website I should develope... I mean a rap application with a more website look and feel.

[Updated on: Mon, 20 February 2012 12:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Developing with RAP [message #802765 is a reply to message #802718] Mon, 20 February 2012 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks Angelo,

I saw your demo before, but this is not like the website I should developed... I mean a rap application with a more website look and feel.
Re: Developing with RAP [message #804200 is a reply to message #802762] Wed, 22 February 2012 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralf Sternberg is currently offline Ralf SternbergFriend

Hi,

Another example is our online demo [1]. RAP is generally targeted more
on web applications than web sites. Even though we're trying to
minimize this difference, some things still work differently. For
example, you can't select text in widgets other than Text, otherwise you
would unintentionally select texts on double click...

An alternative to creating a website with RAP is to embed a RAP
application in an existing web site using an IFRAME.

Regards, Ralf

[1] http://rap.eclipsesource.com/rapdemo/examples

--
Ralf Sternberg

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Re: Developing with RAP [message #805029 is a reply to message #804200] Thu, 23 February 2012 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks for the input, I want both things at the same time ^^... I'll do my best and I'll tell you something Wink
Re: Developing with RAP [message #805037 is a reply to message #804200] Thu, 23 February 2012 09:06 Go to previous message

Thanks for the input, I want both things at the same time ^^... I'll do my best and I'll tell you something ;)
Previous Topic:UICallbackManager#releaseBlockedRequest in 1.5 requires manual trigger
Next Topic:Developing with RAP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:45:10 GMT 2024