Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Deploy WAR unexploded into Equinox
Deploy WAR unexploded into Equinox [message #95743] Thu, 23 August 2007 09:13
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: damian.oneill.gmail.com

Hi, first post apologies if this has been covered previously but I cant find any info in the forum.

We are using Equinox as a framework for a server we are writing, currently we have a web gui available as a war that we deploy into tomcat separately.

I would like to take the WAR and deploy it in a bundle that gets loaded by our server (using equinox) rather than on a separate tomcat process.

I have created a bundle from jetty 6.1.5 and programatically started an instance from an activator the code creates a WebAppContext in jetty and calls the setWar method passing in the name of the war file which I have included in the same bundle and exported on by Bundle-Classpath.

Jetty starts correctly but fails to find the war resource (classloader issue, tried lots of variations but no success).

To be honest I'm not religious about Jetty I was just looking for a solution where I could set the WAR in code and make it available inside equinox.

The WAR itself is based on appfuse so it uses context-params, filters and filter-mappings, listeners and of course servlets.

If anyone has done this previously or can point me to some material I would be very grateful.

Regards,
Damian.
Previous Topic:Problem with Tomcat looping when using BridgeServlet with the console option on
Next Topic:Eclipse 3.3 and java webstart
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:26:38 GMT 2024