Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Swing GUI Not display properly
Swing GUI Not display properly [message #798718] Wed, 15 February 2012 01:50 Go to next message
Taylor Zarbatany is currently offline Taylor ZarbatanyFriend
Just a quick question for you folks. I am working on a program for a school assignment, and the prof gave us some base code that included the GUI itself as well as a lot of function for the program itself (we are to create an AI for a version of connect 4, but that's nothing to do with my question).

My problem is, whenever I run this program via the command line, it runs great. If I ever try to run it from eclipse, it doesn't behave normal at all, I can't see all the visual components, can't follow through with the debugger.. etc. I have tried this on Windows, Mac OS, and Linux, but they all have the same problem. Command lines work great, eclipse - not so much. Is there a setting in Eclipse I'm missing that I just can't find? Debugging with eclipse will be damn near impossible if I can't actually run it and have all the visual elements working the way they are supposed to.

thanks!
Re: Swing GUI Not display properly [message #798763 is a reply to message #798718] Wed, 15 February 2012 03:32 Go to previous message
Taylor Zarbatany is currently offline Taylor ZarbatanyFriend
As a side note, I tried installing netbeans, and it has the same problem, so perhaps this isn't specific to Eclipse, but running the program from an IDE in general?
Previous Topic:Adding SPIs (jars) to classpath
Next Topic:Issue with deployment of EJB project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:51:43 GMT 2024