Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Cannot be resolved to a type (packages importing)
Cannot be resolved to a type [message #798484] Tue, 14 February 2012 18:55 Go to next message
murali utp is currently offline murali utpFriend
hi,

I have an existing project that need to be imported to eclipse.
So I need to import source files and libraries (mostly .jar files)

So created a project in eclipse and import those files sucessfully. But the issue is I get errors like com.ibm cannot be resolved as type, javax.servlet cannot be resolved as type and so on for all the user libraries as well.
I have included these libraries in build path but still I get these error messages.

I have tried lots of solutions from google like windows->preferences->Installed java-> adding the installed jre ; refreshing the project but nothing worked.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

thanks
Murali
Re: Cannot be resolved to a type [message #798786 is a reply to message #798484] Wed, 15 February 2012 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Abhijeet Shankargouda is currently offline Abhijeet ShankargoudaFriend
types which are been not resolved is because of package missing of those type, so you need to download the jars related to those type and add those to your build path .
Re: Cannot be resolved to a type [message #798905 is a reply to message #798786] Wed, 15 February 2012 08:05 Go to previous message
Satyam Kandula is currently offline Satyam KandulaFriend
Make sure that your project is also associated with an existing JRE.
Project Properties->Java Build Path-> Libraries and look for a JRE System Library and see that is good.
Previous Topic:Refactoring a Class Without Static Imports
Next Topic:Java EE Project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:05:45 GMT 2024