Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Is "plugin manifest editor"-like doable with Xtext ?
Is "plugin manifest editor"-like doable with Xtext ? [message #794593] Thu, 09 February 2012 13:29
Yann Andenmatten is currently offline Yann AndenmattenFriend
Hi,

I carefully looked at the xtext video on the web site (great job by the way) and couldn't find out if what I'd be interested to do is doable with xtext.

Take the plugin manifest editor in eclipse (or the maven pom editor). When you open one of the plugin manifest (or the pom.xml), the first thing the user access is a Eclipse Forms editor. As a beginner you can start here and be more guided. Then, when you get experience, you are more likely to prefer to go directly to the MANIFEST.MF/plugin.xml/build.properties tabs (or the pom.xml). I agree it can be personal: in my case I do prefer modify the pom.xml directly, and the manifest through the Eclipse Forms editor.

So my question is: could/would the xtext framework support this multi editor view ?

Thanks
Yann
Previous Topic:[Xtext 2.2] Is there a centralized place where I can turn off scope resolution for certain files?
Next Topic:Partial parsing can't resolve some references
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:14:13 GMT 2024