Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dali » Sybase ASE 15: User data types mapped to java Object type
Sybase ASE 15: User data types mapped to java Object type [message #793215] Tue, 07 February 2012 22:23 Go to next message
Patrick Maloney is currently offline Patrick MaloneyFriend
Hi,
Is there a type mapping file somewhere for Sybase ASE? We have numerous custom data types ('ut_sysgen', for example, which is 'int'). Dali just makes them Object types when generating entities from tables.

I am using Indigo. I tried updating Sybase_ASE_15.x.xmi in org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.sybase.ase.dbdefinition_1.0.0.v200906161800.jar
by adding '<name>ut_sysgen</name>' in the element with INT and INTEGER, but it didn't pick it up there, maybe something to do with jdbcEnumType being different for a custom type, I don't know.

I know updating that file does something as I tried mucking with the Java types for other db types and it did change the code that was generated.

Any hints on where to configure this type mapping?

Thanks, Patrick
Re: Sybase ASE 15: User data types mapped to java Object type [message #794072 is a reply to message #793215] Wed, 08 February 2012 22:18 Go to previous message
Brian Vosburgh is currently offline Brian VosburghFriend
Quote:
Any hints on where to configure this type mapping?

Patrick:

It sounds like you are headed in the right direction. This is more of a question for DTP[1]; since Dali just uses the DTP API. But here's some additional information that might help:

To derive the appropriate Java type declaration for generated fields, Dali use the DTP API as follows:

Dali calls
o.e.datatools.modelbase.sql.tables.Column.getDateType()

(implemented in ...schema.TypedElement) which returns a ...datatypes.DataType.

If this DataType is an instance of PredefinedDataType, Dali passes its name to
o.e.datatools.connectivity.sqm.core.definition.DatabaseDefinition.getPredefinedDataTypeDefinition(String)

which returns a ...dbdefinition.PredefinedDataTypeDefinition.

PredefinedDataTypeDefinition.getJavaClassName() returns a Java class name that Dali can then use in the code generation.

Maybe you can use this information to ask the appropriate questions of DTP.

Brian

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/f/3/
Previous Topic:New JPA Project Wizard Platform filtering possible?
Next Topic:Unable to generate JAXB classes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:33:26 GMT 2024