Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » Strange profiling results for remote application(Profiling data shows no time spent on anything...)
Strange profiling results for remote application [message #792231] Mon, 06 February 2012 19:38
David Dumas is currently offline David DumasFriend
I'm profiling a remote application, and the results are confusing.

For "Execution Time Analysis":
The "Session Summary" for "Highest 10 base time", gives me 7 packages with all of their "Base Time, Average Time, Cumulative Time, Calls" values shown as "0". How can this be? The class and method view have the exact same issue.

Likewise, the "Execution Statistics" lists all of the packages, classes, methods, again, all of which have Time and Call data showing "0".

For "Method Code Coverage":
The results are similar, showing all methods as "missed". One peculiar note on this tab is that many of the classes are called "$ProxyN" where N is 0-30ish and these classes belong to the "default package". But all methods are missed, and none have calls > 0.

The only views which seem to make any sense are the "Memory Statistics" and "Object Reference" views.
These have a few funny object names like "unknown10[]" from the "default package", but among these goofy named ones, there are things I recognize, and the sizes for all seem reasonable.
The Memory statistics also have many "unknown[]", but again, the size/instance values are not all "0", but are seemingly reasonable.

Unfortunately, the data I'm really interested in is the "Execution Statistics" and as of now, that data is meaningless to me.

If anyone has ever had any similar issues, or has any suggestions as to what might be causing these strange results, I'd appreciate any information, thank you.
Previous Topic:No Profiling data captured, whatsoever.
Next Topic:Best option for automated plugin testing?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:34:03 GMT 2024