Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Using CDT to extract method signatures from a file
Using CDT to extract method signatures from a file [message #791925] Mon, 06 February 2012 12:27 Go to next message
Weert Stamm is currently offline Weert StammFriend
I am currently trying to develop an application that can parse C / C++ files and extract method signature information and more.
I already have successfully written this to parse Java Files, but it seems i cannot really find out how to parse C files using CDT. All the examples i've found seem to be outdated and the documentation i've found so far is confusing me even more.

Can someone give me an actually working example snippet on how to get an AST from a C/C++ file using CDT? That would be really great.

Weert
Re: Using CDT to extract method signatures from a file [message #832526 is a reply to message #791925] Fri, 30 March 2012 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Murthy Bhat is currently offline Murthy BhatFriend
Hi,

I am having a similar requirement to Parse C files to extract the constructs. Were you successful in parsing a C file using CDT ? Could you Please share the information.

Thanks.
Re: Using CDT to extract method signatures from a file [message #832884 is a reply to message #791925] Fri, 30 March 2012 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Weert Stamm is currently offline Weert StammFriend
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but i was not successful in parsing a C file using CDT. It seems to me, the framework is able to do that, though it is lacking documentation or examples for it.
Re: Using CDT to extract method signatures from a file [message #834241 is a reply to message #832884] Sun, 01 April 2012 16:58 Go to previous message
Yevgeny Shifrin is currently offline Yevgeny ShifrinFriend
You should probably forward this question to CDT developers mailing list.
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/cdt-dev
Previous Topic:Fake Semantic Errors throughout code.
Next Topic:Problems occured while refreshing local changes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:07:25 GMT 2024