Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Lazy Bundle Activation Policy
Lazy Bundle Activation Policy [message #92880] Tue, 24 July 2007 17:46 Go to next message
Brett Humphreys is currently offline Brett HumphreysFriend
What causes a bundle to be put into the state of <<LAZY>> as seen on the equinox console? My lazy
bundles seem to transition from INSTALLED directly to ACTIVE? What conditions cause a bundle to be
put into a <<LAZY>> state?

Thanks,

-Brett
Re: Lazy Bundle Activation Policy [message #92895 is a reply to message #92880] Tue, 24 July 2007 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: alex_blewitt.yahoo.com

The code got borked on EclipseZone, but on the assumption you were going for

<<LAZY>>
[/xml]

then I'd imagine that it's a bundle with Bundle-ActivationPolicy: lazy (or one of the older variants like Eclipse-LazyStart/Eclipse-AutoStart:true), and corresponds roughly to the RESOLVED state of non-lazy bundles.

The update configurator is the processor that converts bundles from INSTALLED to RESOLVED to LAZY (probably). They go ACTIVE when explicitly started, or (in the case of LAZY modules) when a class is accessed from them.

Alex.
Re: Lazy Bundle Activation Policy [message #92907 is a reply to message #92895] Tue, 24 July 2007 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brett Humphreys is currently offline Brett HumphreysFriend
Sorry about that, I forgot about EclipseZone's encoding. That makes sense, it also makes sense why
by hand (via the console) I wasn't able to get a bundle to that state, but the update configurator
was able to.

Thanks for (all of) your help Alex.

-Brett
Re: Lazy Bundle Activation Policy [message #92949 is a reply to message #92907] Tue, 24 July 2007 22:19 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: alex_blewitt.yahoo.com

Glad to be of assistance :-)

Alex.
Previous Topic:network doesn't work launching equinox with -vm java.exe
Next Topic:Is there a "Blacklist" for Eclipse/OSGi to deny starting some plugins?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:37:49 GMT 2024