Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Problem using Debug to inspect callstack
Problem using Debug to inspect callstack [message #791194] Sun, 05 February 2012 12:33 Go to next message
disco stu is currently offline disco stuFriend
Currently I'm using version 3.6.2, build M20110210-1200. My CDT is Version: 7.0.2.201102110609, Build id: 201102110609 (I've been using, updating and experiencing this problem for a year now). I'm using it on OS X 10.6.8.

The issue is that when you use the call stack browser in the Debug window, it won't take you to the relevant spot when you double click the debug entry. Even though it lists the correct file and line number right there in the entry.

The error log doesn't show anything when you click.

It's odd because sometimes it works, most times it doesn't, and it seems pretty random. Sometimes you rebuild and run, and it works for some of the entries, and then other times it's a totally different bunch of entries that work and don't work.

It's a big annoying because it slows down the debugging process and wastes time using the solution explorer and the ctrl+L shortcut to get to where you need.

Variable inspection works just fine when you select the right spot in the call stack.

This happens in lots of different C and C++ projects.

Cheers in advance.
Re: Problem using Debug to inspect callstack [message #791979 is a reply to message #791194] Mon, 06 February 2012 13:37 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
This sounds like your application is not in sync with the source code. Does it work when you rebuild your application from scratch? Will it fail when you change something? Then you have a problem with dependencies (file A uses something from file B but file A is not rebuild if file B was changed).

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:Searching introduction C++ development with Eclipse CDT
Next Topic:verify build setup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:23:25 GMT 2024