Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Adding a Toc in help plugin as a child element for another toc(Adding a Toc in help plugin as a child element for another toc)
Adding a Toc in help plugin as a child element for another toc [message #789578] Fri, 03 February 2012 06:19 Go to next message
Sabir pasha is currently offline Sabir pashaFriend
Hi All,
How can i add a Toc object in my help plugin as a child element for another toc.
that is I want a IToc object to be as a parent for another IToc object and not just a ITopic object.
In the current version of eclipse help the IToc Interface has a method declared as ITopic[] getTopics(), this method returns a list of ITopic objects and not IToc

My requirement here is to have IToc as a child of another IToc , but since the IToc interface only has method getTopics( ) which returns Itopic array and not IToc and iam not able to get a IToc as a child of another IToc .
Can someone say anyother alternate way of achieving this?

[Updated on: Fri, 03 February 2012 06:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Adding a Toc in help plugin as a child element for another toc [message #789600 is a reply to message #789578] Fri, 03 February 2012 06:55 Go to previous message
Sabir pasha is currently offline Sabir pashaFriend
Some more information
I just went through help plugins of Eclipse Mylyn and in that i saw the topics are LINKED to the Toc elements using the Link and there by it results as a Toc being a Toc child element and hence now
And now i would like to do the same thing ie., to use the Link inside my ITopic objects so can someone say how can i do that programatically and not using the Help content Editor of Eclipse.
Please suggest some idea or anything which can give a hint
Thanks in Advance for your Help .http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/tree/284220/
Previous Topic:Java 3d view Plug-in
Next Topic:Integrate custom javadoc Taglets to Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:07:41 GMT 2024