Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Query on two options in Importing breakpoints window(Real time scenario to verify two options in Importing breakpoints window)
Query on two options in Importing breakpoints window [message #789575] Fri, 03 February 2012 06:14 Go to next message
Rohini Achar is currently offline Rohini AcharFriend
In Import breakpoints window there are two options
a. Update existing breakpoints
b. Create breakpoint working set

I would like to know in what scenario above options can be used.
I tried verifying in the IDE by selecting those options I am not able find any difference in the IDE breakpoint view or the functionality.

I read help document I was not able to relate with real time scenario.

Basically, I need to verify whether those two options working correctly in our customized editor or not.

Please provide an real time scenario to verify those options.
Re: Query on two options in Importing breakpoints window [message #789718 is a reply to message #789575] Fri, 03 February 2012 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satyam Kandula is currently offline Satyam KandulaFriend
Press F1 on the import breakpoints dialog box. Help associated with the dialog box should come over there.
Re: Query on two options in Importing breakpoints window [message #789736 is a reply to message #789718] Fri, 03 February 2012 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Maney is currently offline Mahesh ManeyFriend
What Rohini meant was, on the import Breakpoints dialog, the two checkbox when enabled does not have any implications on the imported breakpoints. We do not see any changes when, either both are checked or any one is checked, while importing a brakpoint file. How do we understand each of checkbox and where do we get to see the changes when each one of the checkbox is enabled. We would like to understand the behavior of the checkbox.
Help associated with the dialog box was not complete enough for us to understand behavior Crying or Very Sad Could please help us understand this ?

Hope, i'm clear in my requirement Sad
Re: Query on two options in Importing breakpoints window [message #791756 is a reply to message #789736] Mon, 06 February 2012 08:16 Go to previous message
Satyam Kandula is currently offline Satyam KandulaFriend

a)Update existing breakpoints: The workspace could have the breakpoint at the same location as that is being imported. However, breakpoint has other information like, enabled/disabled state, suspend vm/thread and conditionals. If this is checked all the information should be updated.
b)Create breakpoint working set: The breakpoint that is exported could be in a breakpoint working set. If that working set is not present during the import, this will enable to create the working set and put the breakpoint under the working set.
HTH
Previous Topic:Java 1.7 compiler compliance not visible/enabled in Indigo Classic
Next Topic:glassfish source attachment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 16:22:22 GMT 2024