Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » Problem with verification hooks
Problem with verification hooks [message #91886] Mon, 29 January 2007 18:09 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: dkurtz.nospam_olenick.com

So, I'm following the tutorials in "Introduction to Using TPTP's Autmated
GUI Recorder" and am at the section on creating verification hooks. I've
followed all the steps. After adding the code to the VerifyImport method of
the generated VerificationClass.java, I had a number of "cannot resolve to
type" errors on the LogViewer and related classes, which I fixed by letting
Quick Fix add an import of
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.log.views.internal.views.LogViewer . After doing
that however, the first line in the class, which looks like:

package org.eclipse.tests.verifcation.hooks;

now reports this error:

The type
org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed.ITabbedPropertySheetP ageContributor
cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

QuickFix tells me I should do something with the test plug-in's BuildPath
property, but now WHAT to do. Can anyone offer some suggestions at how to
fix this? It's probably pretty obvious to an experienced Eclipse/Java user,
but I'm neither of those <g>.

ddk
Re: Problem with verification hooks [message #91900 is a reply to message #91886] Mon, 29 January 2007 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Liz Dancy is currently offline Liz DancyFriend
Messages: 77
Registered: July 2009
Member
You are correct, there are additional dependencies that need to be added to
the manifest file of the plug-in containing the test suite. Refer to step
six of the 'Inserting a Verification Hook' section and in addition to the
plug-ins listed there, you will need to add:
org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed and
org.eclipse.hyades.trace.ui

Next, save the manifest file and save your verification hook file and you
should see those errors disappear.

I will open a defect to get the documentation updated right away.

Sincerely,

Liz Dancy

"Daniel" <dkurtz@nospam_olenick.com> wrote in message
news:epld7m$6mq$1@utils.eclipse.org...
> So, I'm following the tutorials in "Introduction to Using TPTP's Autmated
> GUI Recorder" and am at the section on creating verification hooks. I've
> followed all the steps. After adding the code to the VerifyImport method
> of the generated VerificationClass.java, I had a number of "cannot resolve
> to type" errors on the LogViewer and related classes, which I fixed by
> letting Quick Fix add an import of
> org.eclipse.tptp.platform.log.views.internal.views.LogViewer . After doing
> that however, the first line in the class, which looks like:
>
> package org.eclipse.tests.verifcation.hooks;
>
> now reports this error:
>
> The type
> org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed.ITabbedPropertySheetP ageContributor
> cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
>
> QuickFix tells me I should do something with the test plug-in's BuildPath
> property, but now WHAT to do. Can anyone offer some suggestions at how to
> fix this? It's probably pretty obvious to an experienced Eclipse/Java
> user, but I'm neither of those <g>.
>
> ddk
>
Re: Problem with verification hooks [message #91915 is a reply to message #91886] Mon, 29 January 2007 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: dkurtz.nospam_olenick.com

OK, I figured out how to get around the earlier problem. Needed to add a
number of import statements, to wit:

import org.eclipse.hyades.models.cbe.CBECommonBaseEvent;

import
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.log.views.internal.views.LogConten tProvider;

import org.eclipse.tptp.platform.log.views.internal.views.LogViewer ;



And a couple of plug-ins and libraries to the manifest, beyond what the
tutorial indicates, so that 'Required Plug-ins' include:

<import plugin="org.junit"/>
<import plugin="org.eclipse.tptp.test.auto.gui"/>
<import plugin="org.eclipse.tptp.platform.log.views"/>
<import plugin="org.eclipse.tptp.platform.models"/>
<import plugin="org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed"/>
<import plugin="org.eclipse.hyades.trace.ui"/>


And 'Imported Packages':

org.eclipse.hyades.test.common.junit



Those changes, collectively, eliminated the errors from the code editor
view. However, when playing the test case back essentially the same kind of
errors are STILL occurring at runtime. The stack trace for a run reports:

java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
LogViewer cannot be resolved to a type
LogViewer cannot be resolved to a type
LogContentProvider cannot be resolved to a type
LogContentProvider cannot be resolved to a type
CBECommonBaseEvent cannot be resolved to a type

at
org.eclipse.tests.verifcation.hooks.VerificationClass.verify Import(VerificationClass.java:47)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.test.auto.gui.internal.runner.AutoGUIVerifi cationHook.runTest(AutoGUIVerificationHook.java:97)
at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:127)
at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
at
org.eclipse.hyades.test.common.junit.HyadesTestCase.run(Hyad esTestCase.java:173)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
at
org.eclipse.hyades.test.common.junit.HyadesTestSuite.runTest (HyadesTestSuite.java:431)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
at
org.eclipse.hyades.test.common.junit.HyadesTestSuite.doRun(H yadesTestSuite.java:399)
at
org.eclipse.hyades.test.common.junit.HyadesTestSuite.run(Hya desTestSuite.java:312)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.test.auto.gui.internal.runner.AutoGUIRunner .runVerificaitonHook(AutoGUIRunner.java:1197)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.test.auto.gui.internal.commands.Verificatio nCommand.playback(VerificationCommand.java:268)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.test.auto.gui.internal.commands.MacroComman dShell$4.run(MacroCommandShell.java:1160)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:3 5)
at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchr onizer.java:123)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.jav a:3325)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java :2971)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.jav a:1914)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1878)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Work bench.java:419)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.j ava:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplicatio n.java:95)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(Pl atformActivator.java:78)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:400)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:177)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336 )
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)

Anybody?

"Daniel" <dkurtz@nospam_olenick.com> wrote in message
news:epld7m$6mq$1@utils.eclipse.org...
> So, I'm following the tutorials in "Introduction to Using TPTP's Autmated
> GUI Recorder" and am at the section on creating verification hooks. I've
> followed all the steps. After adding the code to the VerifyImport method
> of the generated VerificationClass.java, I had a number of "cannot resolve
> to type" errors on the LogViewer and related classes, which I fixed by
> letting Quick Fix add an import of
> org.eclipse.tptp.platform.log.views.internal.views.LogViewer . After doing
> that however, the first line in the class, which looks like:
>
> package org.eclipse.tests.verifcation.hooks;
>
> now reports this error:
>
> The type
> org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed.ITabbedPropertySheetP ageContributor
> cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
>
> QuickFix tells me I should do something with the test plug-in's BuildPath
> property, but now WHAT to do. Can anyone offer some suggestions at how to
> fix this? It's probably pretty obvious to an experienced Eclipse/Java
> user, but I'm neither of those <g>.
>
> ddk
>
Re: Problem with verification hooks [message #91928 is a reply to message #91900] Tue, 30 January 2007 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: dkurtz.nospam_olenick.com

Hi Liz. Thanks for the reply. As I indicated in my reply to my own message,
I figured out which additional plug-ins etc. to add to the MFT file, however
I still get a pile of similar 'type' errors at compile/runtime. I'm thinking
possibly a buildpath issue?

BTW, "org.eclipse.tests.verifcation.hooks" is not a typo my part. The
generated verification objects are indeed named "verifcation".

"Liz Dancy" <lizdancy@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
news:eplqg4$v8c$1@utils.eclipse.org...
>
> You are correct, there are additional dependencies that need to be added
> to the manifest file of the plug-in containing the test suite. Refer to
> step six of the 'Inserting a Verification Hook' section and in addition to
> the plug-ins listed there, you will need to add:
> org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed and
> org.eclipse.hyades.trace.ui
>
> Next, save the manifest file and save your verification hook file and you
> should see those errors disappear.
>
> I will open a defect to get the documentation updated right away.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Liz Dancy
>
> "Daniel" <dkurtz@nospam_olenick.com> wrote in message
> news:epld7m$6mq$1@utils.eclipse.org...
>> So, I'm following the tutorials in "Introduction to Using TPTP's Autmated
>> GUI Recorder" and am at the section on creating verification hooks. I've
>> followed all the steps. After adding the code to the VerifyImport method
>> of the generated VerificationClass.java, I had a number of "cannot
>> resolve to type" errors on the LogViewer and related classes, which I
>> fixed by letting Quick Fix add an import of
>> org.eclipse.tptp.platform.log.views.internal.views.LogViewer . After doing
>> that however, the first line in the class, which looks like:
>>
>> package org.eclipse.tests.verifcation.hooks;
>>
>> now reports this error:
>>
>> The type
>> org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed.ITabbedPropertySheetP ageContributor
>> cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class
>> files
>>
>> QuickFix tells me I should do something with the test plug-in's BuildPath
>> property, but now WHAT to do. Can anyone offer some suggestions at how to
>> fix this? It's probably pretty obvious to an experienced Eclipse/Java
>> user, but I'm neither of those <g>.
>>
>> ddk
>>
>
>
Re: Problem with verification hooks [message #91956 is a reply to message #91915] Tue, 30 January 2007 17:10 Go to previous message
Liz Dancy is currently offline Liz DancyFriend
Messages: 77
Registered: July 2009
Member
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C74467.92D1ED20
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi Daniel,

I have updated the online user guide to include all of the required =
dependencies as well as an example without the LogContentProvider as =
this seemed to be causing a conflict in the verification class.

Please retry with the updated example in the user guide: =
http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/test/documents/userguides/Intro- Auto-GUI-4-3-=
0.html. =20

Let me know if this solves the problems you are seeing.

Sincerely,

Liz Dancy

"Daniel" <dkurtz@nospam_olenick.com> wrote in message =
news:eplu8t$5a1$1@utils.eclipse.org...
> OK, I figured out how to get around the earlier problem. Needed to add =
a=20
> number of import statements, to wit:
>=20
> import org.eclipse.hyades.models.cbe.CBECommonBaseEvent;
>=20
> import=20
> org.eclipse.tptp.platform.log.views.internal.views.LogConten tProvider;
>=20
> import org.eclipse.tptp.platform.log.views.internal.views.LogViewer ;
>=20
>=20
>=20
> And a couple of plug-ins and libraries to the manifest, beyond what =
the=20
> tutorial indicates, so that 'Required Plug-ins' include:
>=20
> <import plugin=3D"org.junit"/>
> <import plugin=3D"org.eclipse.tptp.test.auto.gui"/>
> <import plugin=3D"org.eclipse.tptp.platform.log.views"/>
> <import plugin=3D"org.eclipse.tptp.platform.models"/>
> <import plugin=3D"org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed"/>
> <import plugin=3D"org.eclipse.hyades.trace.ui"/>
>=20
>=20
> And 'Imported Packages':
>=20
> org.eclipse.hyades.test.common.junit
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Those changes, collectively, eliminated the errors from the code =
editor=20
> view. However, when playing the test case back essentially the same =
kind of=20
> errors are STILL occurring at runtime. The stack trace for a run =
reports:
>=20
> java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
> LogViewer cannot be resolved to a type
> LogViewer cannot be resolved to a type
> LogContentProvider cannot be resolved to a type
> LogContentProvider cannot be resolved to a type
> CBECommonBaseEvent cannot be resolved to a type
>=20
> at=20
> =
org.eclipse.tests.verifcation.hooks.VerificationClass.verify Import(Verifi=
cationClass.java:47)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at=20
> =
org.eclipse.tptp.test.auto.gui.internal.runner.AutoGUIVerifi cationHook.ru=
nTest(AutoGUIVerificationHook.java:97)
> at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:127)
> at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
> at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
> at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
> at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
> at=20
> =
org.eclipse.hyades.test.common.junit.HyadesTestCase.run(Hyad esTestCase.ja=
va:173)
> at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
> at=20
> =
org.eclipse.hyades.test.common.junit.HyadesTestSuite.runTest (HyadesTestSu=
ite.java:431)
> at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
> at=20
> =
org.eclipse.hyades.test.common.junit.HyadesTestSuite.doRun(H yadesTestSuit=
e.java:399)
> at=20
> =
org.eclipse.hyades.test.common.junit.HyadesTestSuite.run(Hya desTestSuite.=
java:312)
> at=20
> =
org.eclipse.tptp.test.auto.gui.internal.runner.AutoGUIRunner .runVerificai=
tonHook(AutoGUIRunner.java:1197)
> at=20
> =
org.eclipse.tptp.test.auto.gui.internal.commands.Verificatio nCommand.play=
back(VerificationCommand.java:268)
> at=20
> =
org.eclipse.tptp.test.auto.gui.internal.commands.MacroComman dShell$4.run(=
MacroCommandShell.java:1160)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:3 5)
> at=20
> =
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchr onizer.java:1=
23)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.jav a:3325)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java :2971)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.jav a:1914)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1878)
> at=20
> =
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Work bench.java:41=
9)
> at =
org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.j ava:149)
> at =
org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplicatio n.java:95)
> at=20
> =
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(Pl atformActivat=
or.java:78)
> at=20
> =
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplicati=
on(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)
> at=20
> =
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(Eclips=
eAppLauncher.java:68)
> at=20
> =
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:4=
00)
> at=20
> =
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:1=
77)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336 )
> at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
> at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
> at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)
>=20
> Anybody?
>=20
> "Daniel" <dkurtz@nospam_olenick.com> wrote in message=20
> news:epld7m$6mq$1@utils.eclipse.org...
>> So, I'm following the tutorials in "Introduction to Using TPTP's =
Autmated=20
>> GUI Recorder" and am at the section on creating verification hooks. =
I've=20
>> followed all the steps. After adding the code to the VerifyImport =
method=20
>> of the generated VerificationClass.java, I had a number of "cannot =
resolve=20
>> to type" errors on the LogViewer and related classes, which I fixed =
by=20
>> letting Quick Fix add an import of=20
>> org.eclipse.tptp.platform.log.views.internal.views.LogViewer . After =
doing=20
>> that however, the first line in the class, which looks like:
>>
>> package org.eclipse.tests.verifcation.hooks;
>>
>> now reports this error:
>>
>> The type=20
>> =
org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed.ITabbedPropertySheetP ageContributo=
r=20
>> cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class =
files
>>
>> QuickFix tells me I should do something with the test plug-in's =
BuildPath=20
>> property, but now WHAT to do. Can anyone offer some suggestions at =
how to=20
>> fix this? It's probably pretty obvious to an experienced Eclipse/Java =

>> user, but I'm neither of those <g>.
>>
>> ddk
>>=20
>=20
>
------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C74467.92D1ED20
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.3020" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi Daniel,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have updated the=20
online&nbsp;user&nbsp;guide&nbsp;to include all of the required =
dependencies as=20
well as an example without the LogContentProvider as this&nbsp;seemed to =
be=20
causing a conflict in the verification class.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Please retry with the&nbsp;updated =
example in=20
the&nbsp;user guide: </FONT><A=20
href=3D" http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/test/documents/userguides/Intro- Auto-=
GUI-4-3-0.html"><FONT=20
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2> http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/test/documents/userguides/Intro- Auto=
-GUI-4-3-0.html</FONT></A><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Let me know if this solves the problems =
you are=20
seeing.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Sincerely,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Liz Dancy</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Daniel" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:dkurtz@nospam_olenick.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>dkurtz@nospam_olenick.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>&gt; wrote in=20
message </FONT><A href=3D"news:eplu8t$5a1$1@utils.eclipse.org"><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>news:eplu8t$5a1$1@utils.eclipse.org</FONT></A><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; OK, I figured =
out how to get=20
around the earlier problem. Needed to add a <BR>&gt; number of import=20
statements, to wit:<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; import=20
org.eclipse.hyades.models.cbe.CBECommonBaseEvent;<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; =
import=20
<BR>&gt;=20
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.log.views.internal.views.LogConten tProvider; <BR=
>&gt;=20
<BR>&gt; import=20
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.log.views.internal.views.LogViewer ; <BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;=20
<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; And a couple of plug-ins and libraries to the =
manifest, beyond=20
what the <BR>&gt; tutorial indicates, so that 'Required Plug-ins'=20
include:<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; &lt;import plugin=3D"org.junit"/&gt;<BR>&gt; =
&lt;import=20
plugin=3D"org.eclipse.tptp.test.auto.gui"/&gt;<BR>&gt; &lt;import=20
plugin=3D"org.eclipse.tptp.platform.log.views"/&gt;<BR >&gt; &lt;import=20
plugin=3D"org.eclipse.tptp.platform.models"/&gt;<BR>&gt; &lt;import=20
plugin=3D"org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed"/&gt; <BR>&gt; =
&lt;import=20
plugin=3D"org.eclipse.hyades.trace.ui"/&gt;<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; =
And=20
'Imported Packages':<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;=20
org.eclipse.hyades.test.common.junit<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; =
Those=20
changes, collectively, eliminated the errors from the code editor =
<BR>&gt; view.=20
However, when playing the test case back essentially the same kind of =
<BR>&gt;=20
errors are STILL occurring at runtime. The stack trace for a run=20
reports:<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation=20
problems:<BR>&gt;&nbsp;LogViewer cannot be resolved to a=20
type<BR>&gt;&nbsp;LogViewer cannot be resolved to a=20
type<BR>&gt;&nbsp;LogContentProvider cannot be resolved to a=20
type<BR>&gt;&nbsp;LogContentProvider cannot be resolved to a=20
type<BR>&gt;&nbsp;CBECommonBaseEvent cannot be resolved to a =
type<BR>&gt;=20
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at <BR>&gt;=20
org.eclipse.tests.verifcation.hooks.VerificationClass.verify Import(Verifi=
cationClass.java:47)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at=20
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native =
Method)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at=20
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown =
Source)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at=20
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown =
Source)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at=20
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at <BR>&gt; =

org.eclipse.tptp.test.auto.gui.internal.runner.AutoGUIVerifi cationHook.ru=
nTest(AutoGUIVerificationHook.java:97)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at=20
junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:127)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at=20
junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)<BR >&gt;&nbsp;at=
=20
junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124) <BR>&gt;&nbsp=
;at=20
junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at=20
junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at <BR>&gt; =

org.eclipse.hyades.test.common.junit.HyadesTestCase.run(Hyad esTestCase.ja=
va:173)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at=20
junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at =
<BR>&gt;=20
org.eclipse.hyades.test.common.junit.HyadesTestSuite.runTest (HyadesTestSu=
ite.java:431)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at=20
junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at =
<BR>&gt;=20
org.eclipse.hyades.test.common.junit.HyadesTestSuite.doRun(H yadesTestSuit=
e.java:399)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at=20
<BR>&gt;=20
org.eclipse.hyades.test.common.junit.HyadesTestSuite.run(Hya desTestSuite.=
java:312)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at=20
<BR>&gt;=20
org.eclipse.tptp.test.auto.gui.internal.runner.AutoGUIRunner .runVerificai=
tonHook(AutoGUIRunner.java:1197)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at=20
<BR>&gt;=20
org.eclipse.tptp.test.auto.gui.internal.commands.Verificatio nCommand.play=
back(VerificationCommand.java:268)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at=20
<BR>&gt;=20
org.eclipse.tptp.test.auto.gui.internal.commands.MacroComman dShell$4.run(=
MacroCommandShell.java:1160)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at=20
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:3 5) <BR>&gt;&nb=
sp;at=20
<BR>&gt;=20
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchr onizer.java:1=
23)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at=20
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.jav a:3325) <BR>&g=
t;&nbsp;at=20
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java :2971) <BR>&gt=
;&nbsp;at=20
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.jav a:1914) <BR>&g=
t;&nbsp;at=20
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1878) <BR>&gt;&nbsp=
;at=20
<BR>&gt;=20
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Work bench.java:41=
9)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at=20
org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.j ava:149) <BR>&=
gt;&nbsp;at=20
org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplicatio n.java:95) <BR=
>&gt;&nbsp;at=20
<BR>&gt;=20
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(Pl atformActivat=
or.java:78)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at=20
<BR>&gt;=20
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplicati=
on(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at=20
<BR>&gt;=20
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(Eclips=
eAppLauncher.java:68)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at=20
<BR>&gt;=20
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:4=
00)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at=20
<BR>&gt;=20
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:1=
77)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at=20
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native =
Method)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at=20
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown =
Source)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at=20
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown =
Source)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at=20
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at=20
org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336 ) <BR>&gt;&nbs=
p;at=20
org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at=20
org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;at=20
org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;=20
Anybody?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; "Daniel" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:dkurtz@nospam_olenick.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>dkurtz@nospam_olenick.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>&gt; wrote in=20
message <BR>&gt; </FONT><A =
href=3D"news:epld7m$6mq$1@utils.eclipse.org"><FONT=20
face=3DArial =
size=3D2>news:epld7m$6mq$1@utils.eclipse.org</FONT></A><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>...<BR>&gt;&gt; So, I'm following the tutorials in =
"Introduction to Using=20
TPTP's Autmated <BR>&gt;&gt; GUI Recorder" and am at the section on =
creating=20
verification hooks. I've <BR>&gt;&gt; followed all the steps. After =
adding the=20
code to the VerifyImport method <BR>&gt;&gt; of the generated=20
VerificationClass.java, I had a number of "cannot resolve <BR>&gt;&gt; =
to type"=20
errors on the LogViewer and related classes, which I fixed by =
<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
letting Quick Fix add an import of <BR>&gt;&gt;=20
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.log.views.internal.views.LogViewer . After =
doing=20
<BR>&gt;&gt; that however, the first line in the class, which looks=20
like:<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; package=20
org.eclipse.tests.verifcation.hooks;<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR >&gt;&gt; now reports =
this=20
error:<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; The type <BR>&gt;&gt;=20
org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed.ITabbedPropertySheetP ageContributo=
r=20
<BR>&gt;&gt; cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from =
required=20
..class files<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; QuickFix tells me I should do =
something=20
with the test plug-in's BuildPath <BR>&gt;&gt; property, but now WHAT to =
do. Can=20
anyone offer some suggestions at how to <BR>&gt;&gt; fix this? It's =
probably=20
pretty obvious to an experienced Eclipse/Java <BR>&gt;&gt; user, but I'm =
neither=20
of those &lt;g&gt;.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; ddk<BR>&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt;=20
<BR>&gt;</FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C74467.92D1ED20--
Previous Topic:JBoss server using an Agent Controller on another machine?
Next Topic:TPTP and Eclipse 3.3?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Aug 13 09:47:49 GMT 2020

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02576 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top