Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Communications Framework (ECF) » ECF doesn't remember IM providers from one eclipse session to the next
ECF doesn't remember IM providers from one eclipse session to the next [message #787589] Tue, 31 January 2012 19:04 Go to next message
Mike M. is currently offline Mike M.Friend
I installed ECF into eclipse 3.7.1 and added an IM provider. However whenever I restart eclipse, my provider is no longer there and I have to re-enter it again. Is Eclipse supposed to remember my providers? If not, it's kinda silly.

Thanks,
-m
Re: ECF doesn't remember IM providers from one eclipse session to the next [message #824563 is a reply to message #787589] Mon, 19 March 2012 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scott Lewis is currently offline Scott LewisFriend
Mike M. wrote on Tue, 31 January 2012 14:04
I installed ECF into eclipse 3.7.1 and added an IM provider. However whenever I restart eclipse, my provider is no longer there and I have to re-enter it again. Is Eclipse supposed to remember my providers? If not, it's kinda silly.

Thanks,
-m

Can you describe what you mean by 'adding an IM provider'? ECF uses the term 'provider' to refer to a protocol provider implementation (e.g. xmpp, irc, etc)...and if a new provider (in this sense) is added then it certainly is remembered.

If by provider you mean 'account' (e.g. a gmail account...which uses the xmpp provider), then this should/has been remembered as well...so this is either a bug that we have not seen before, or it's something else that's going on in your own environment.

You will get faster responses if you join/post questions to the ecf-dev mailing list:

https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/ecf-dev
Re: ECF doesn't remember IM providers from one eclipse session to the next [message #824589 is a reply to message #824563] Mon, 19 March 2012 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike M. is currently offline Mike M.Friend
What I meant is account. I go to Connect and then I choose XMPP then I type my account credentials (User/pw). I get connected to my jabber server. Then I quit eclipse and restart it and have to go through that all over again to connect. I.e. it does not reconnect automatically. This kind of thing doesn't happen in any other plugin, i.e. svn/git.

[Updated on: Mon, 19 March 2012 21:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ECF doesn't remember IM providers from one eclipse session to the next [message #940319 is a reply to message #824589] Thu, 11 October 2012 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scott Lewis is currently offline Scott LewisFriend
Hi Mike.

You are correct...currently the IM session is not remembered across Eclipse sessions. This is a feature that has simply not been implemented. If you would like to open an enhancement request, and possibly contribute to the addition, it would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Scott
Re: ECF doesn't remember IM providers from one eclipse session to the next [message #998819 is a reply to message #787589] Thu, 10 January 2013 18:53 Go to previous message
Guikubi Vanwoerkom is currently offline Guikubi VanwoerkomFriend
Any updates on this? I am having the same issue and it's a real pain to keep setting up gchat everytime I start eclipse.
Previous Topic:Simple ECF Application doesnt work
Next Topic:ECF container does not get activated with Gemini Blueprint
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:23:33 GMT 2024