Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [Texo] Problem creating opposite relations
[Texo] Problem creating opposite relations [message #786388] Mon, 30 January 2012 11:04 Go to next message
Benoit Cantin is currently offline Benoit CantinFriend
Hello all,

Has anyone recently tried on the latest stable version of Texo to create opposite relations in the .ecorediag ?

In my case, when I create 2 EClass, linked by 2 ERelation (one in each sense), if I click on one of the ERelation, then in the Properties EOpposite, button '...', the second relation is not listed, until I manually change the cardinalities. If I change cardinalities, then the second ERelation does appear.

When both relations are set as opposite, one of the relations disappears (this is lookink fine to me : cardinalities are all put on the same relation) and the remaining one is not oriented any more.

If I save, and reopen, then the second relation reappears. Each time I modify those relations, they merge each other...

I can reproduce that on a very simple test case.
Re: [Texo] Problem creating opposite relations [message #786393 is a reply to message #786388] Mon, 30 January 2012 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can add that once when both relations are merged, it becomes impossible to specify the 'is containment' property, not because of the editor, but because it is impossible to know on which extremity the composition will be applied.

Edit : sorry you can edit 'Is containment' by clicking on the labels of the relation.

[Updated on: Mon, 30 January 2012 11:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Texo] Problem creating opposite relations [message #786396 is a reply to message #786388] Mon, 30 January 2012 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Hi Benoit,
I am not sure that this is a Texo or an EcoreTools (which provides diagramming) problem. You encounter this issue when
creating/updating a model graphically using ecoretools?

gr. Martin

On 01/30/2012 12:04 PM, Benoit Cantin wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Has anyone recently tried on the latest stable version of Texo to create opposite relations in the .ecorediag ?
>
> In my case, when I create 2 EClass, linked by 2 ERelation (one in each sense), if I click on one of the ERelation, then
> in the Properties EOpposite, button '...', the second relation is not listed, until I manually change the cardinalities.
> If I change cardinalities, then the second ERelation does appear.
>
> When both relations are set as opposite, one of the relations disappears (this is lookink fine to me : cardinalities are
> all put on the same relation) and the remaining one is not oriented any more.
>
> If I save, and reopen, then the second relation reappears. Each time I modify those relations, they merge each other...
>
> I can reproduce that on a very simple test case.

--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397
Fax: +31 (0)84 225 9307
Mail: mtaal@springsite.com - mtaal@elver.org
Web: www.springsite.com - www.elver.org
Re: [Texo] Problem creating opposite relations [message #786411 is a reply to message #786393] Mon, 30 January 2012 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Hi Benoit,
Yes, but this all happens in the graphical editor, right? If so then you need to post this on this same newsgroup but
with the prefix: [ecoretools], then the correct person will reply.

gr. Martin

On 01/30/2012 12:12 PM, Benoit Cantin wrote:
> I can add that once when both relations are merged, it becomes impossible to specify the 'is containment' property, not
> because of the editor, but because it is impossible to know on which extremity the composition will be applied.

--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397
Fax: +31 (0)84 225 9307
Mail: mtaal@springsite.com - mtaal@elver.org
Web: www.springsite.com - www.elver.org
Re: [Texo] Problem creating opposite relations [message #786449 is a reply to message #786411] Mon, 30 January 2012 12:52 Go to previous message
Hi Martin,

You are correct, this only happens in the graphical editor. I am going to post with the good prefix.

Thanks.
Previous Topic:How to specify enum as attributes using Rational Software Modeler
Next Topic:How Many "@generated Not" do you have in your Project ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:32:32 GMT 2024