Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Memory Analyzer » CompressedOop
CompressedOop [message #784052] Fri, 27 January 2012 02:09 Go to next message
Brian Toal is currently offline Brian ToalFriend
Does MAT support analysis of heap dumps corresponding to hotspot JVM with CompressedOop enabled?

We see significant difference when comparing a heap in yourkit with MAT. yourkit supports reading CompressedOop heap's, need to find out if MAT does and if not, maybe this is the reason for the delta in reported memory consumption.
Re: CompressedOop [message #784346 is a reply to message #784052] Fri, 27 January 2012 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erik BrangsFriend
Quote:
Does MAT support analysis of heap dumps corresponding to hotspot JVM with CompressedOop enabled?

AFAIK MAT does not currently support compressed oops, but there is a bug for it.
Re: CompressedOop [message #784614 is a reply to message #784346] Fri, 27 January 2012 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Toal is currently offline Brian ToalFriend
So when viewing a heap dump from a CompressedOop enabled JVM is it fair to say the allocated sizes are incorrect?
Re: CompressedOop [message #786387 is a reply to message #784614] Mon, 30 January 2012 11:00 Go to previous message
Andrew Johnson is currently offline Andrew JohnsonFriend
The Hprof parser doesn't currently take account of -XX:+UseCompresssedOops

I'm busy doing other things, so this isn't a priority for me at the moment. However, Memory Analyzer is an open source project, so you do have access to the source to make changes. I've put some comments in bug 346317 for how it could be solved. We'd welcome a contribution under the Eclipse Public License for this.
Previous Topic:New tutorial available: an efficient way to detect duplicated/conflicting libs/classes
Next Topic:Import Index Files?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:52:29 GMT 2024