Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » restart osgi runtime
restart osgi runtime [message #90755] Mon, 18 June 2007 13:26 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: allon.moritz.bsiag.com

hello
is it possible to restart programatically the osgi runtime??

thanks allon
Re: restart osgi runtime [message #90770 is a reply to message #90755] Mon, 18 June 2007 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: alex_blewitt.yahoo.com

You can stop the OSGi by stopping bundle 0. However, it will just shut down. If you want it to restart automatically, you'll need to ensure that the caller responds to the OSGi system going down and then restart it outside of OSGi.

That's pretty much what Eclipse's restart does; it shuts down the OSGi engine, the Eclipse launcher notices, and then restarts it again.

Alex.
Re: restart osgi runtime [message #92030 is a reply to message #90770] Thu, 12 July 2007 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan is currently offline StephanFriend
But how can I set the exit code (STOP or RESTART) from my bundle and then pass it to the launcher/system/script to decide if the application should be restarted or not? I'm sure, System.exit() is not the correct way, isnt'it?

Cheers, Stephan
Re: restart osgi runtime [message #92042 is a reply to message #92030] Thu, 12 July 2007 16:00 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: alex_blewitt.yahoo.com

Why not look into the IApplication stuff, and have your application start on the main thread?

Alex.
Previous Topic:Location of OSGi classes
Next Topic:JSF support / myFaces and equinox
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:10:24 GMT 2024