Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Problem with site.p2 action and director
Problem with site.p2 action and director [message #782782] Tue, 24 January 2012 12:53 Go to next message
Marc Eckart is currently offline Marc EckartFriend
Hi,

I have a RCP Application. I created a site plugin with the necessary buckminster files and executed the action "site.p2". This created the plugins in the defined directory from the buckminster properties file.

# Where all the output should go
buckminster.output.root=c:/Maintenance/Fieldrecord/site.p2/
# Where the temp files should go
buckminster.temp.root=c:/Maintenance/Fieldrecord/buildtmp
# How .qualifier in versions should be replaced
qualifier.replacement.*=generator:lastRevision

target.os=*
target.ws=*
target.arch=*
target.nl=de_DE

But when I try to install my application with the director I'm getting

C:\Maintenance\director>director -consolelog -r file://c:\Maintenance\Fieldrecord\site.p2 -d c:\test -i de.agrar.fieldrecord.product
!SESSION 2012-01-24 13:19:28.853 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_20
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=de_DE
Framework arguments:  -r file://c:\Maintenance\Fieldrecord\site.p2 -d c:\test -i de.agrar.fieldrecord.product
Command-line arguments:  -consolelog -r file://c:\Maintenance\Fieldrecord\site.p2 -d c:\test -i de.agrar.fieldrecord.product

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository 4 1000 2012-01-24 13:19:32.634
!MESSAGE No repository found at file:/c:/Maintenance/Fieldrecord/site.p2/.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository 4 1000 2012-01-24 13:19:32.665
!MESSAGE No repository found at file:/c:/Maintenance/Fieldrecord/site.p2/.
Installation failed.
Unable to load repositories.
Application failed, log file location: C:\Maintenance\director\configuration\1327407569759.log

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core 4 0 2012-01-24 13:19:32.681
!MESSAGE Unable to load repositories.

I also tried another approach I found somewhere in bug comments:

I found there an example how to create a TargetPlatform project to use as a target and let buckminster materialize there all the necessary dependancy. After restarting eclipse, buckminster is complaining that it can't find the launcher plugin:
"Processing inclusion from feature org.eclipse.equinox.executable: Unable to find plug-in: org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.1.100.v20110502. Please check the error log for more details."

And after reducing my target.os/ws and arch to win32/x86

I found this error in the error log:
No component named org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.equinox.weaving:osgi.bundle is known to Buckminster

I'm using Hibernate in my project and I think this persistence bundle is required by this.

My rmap looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rm:rmap xmlns:rm="****://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/RMap-1.0">
  <rm:locator searchPathRef="org.eclipse.platform"/>
  <rm:searchPath name="org.eclipse.platform">
    <rm:provider componentTypes="osgi.bundle,eclipse.feature" readerType="p2" source="false" mutable="false">
      <rm:property key="buckminster.source" value="false"/>
      <rm:property key="buckminster.mutable" value="false"/>
      <rm:uri format="****://download.eclipse.org/releases/indigo?importType=binary"/>
    </rm:provider>
    <rm:provider componentTypes="osgi.bundle,eclipse.feature" readerType="p2" source="false" mutable="false">
      <rm:property key="buckminster.source" value="false"/>
      <rm:property key="buckminster.mutable" value="false"/>
      <rm:uri format="****://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/3.7"/>
    </rm:provider>
  </rm:searchPath>
</rm:rmap>

My cquery:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<cq:componentQuery xmlns:cq="****://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/CQuery-1.0" resourceMap="fieldrecord.rmap">
    <cq:rootRequest name="org.eclipse.platform" componentType="eclipse.feature"/>
    <cq:property key="target.arch" value="*"/>
    <cq:property key="target.os" value="*"/>
    <cq:property key="target.ws" value="*"/>
    <cq:advisorNode namePattern=".*" useTargetPlatform="false" useWorkspace="false"/>
    <cq:advisorNode namePattern="de.agrar.*" useTargetPlatform="true" useWorkspace="true"/>
</cq:componentQuery>

Obviously not all can be materialized?

(Edit: I'm not allowed to post links yet, so I replaced http with ****)

[Updated on: Tue, 24 January 2012 13:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with site.p2 action and director [message #782797 is a reply to message #782782] Tue, 24 January 2012 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthew Webber is currently offline Matthew WebberFriend
Your properties file has buckminster.output.root=c:/Maintenance/Fieldrecord/site.p2/. This does not mean that the p2 site is at c:/Maintenance/Fieldrecord/site.p2/.

The p2 site is a sub-directory several levels down within the buckminster.output.root directory. Take a look at what is actually there to get the full pathname.

Matthew
Re: Problem with site.p2 action and director [message #782802 is a reply to message #782797] Tue, 24 January 2012 13:37 Go to previous message
Marc Eckart is currently offline Marc EckartFriend
I just see directories of my plugins and some org.eclipse plugins. Where should it be, inside one of my plugins? Otherwise nothing is there.

Maybe the site.p2 action was not successful? But there was no hint or error message anywhere...
Previous Topic:/usr/bin/sign on a windows machine
Next Topic:How to get complete classpath for an action
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:17:38 GMT 2024