Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Multiple markers on end brace(Conflicting error messages in Eclipse on a Java program)
Multiple markers on end brace [message #781196] Fri, 20 January 2012 19:55 Go to next message
hgladney  is currently offline hgladney Friend
Received the following error for a single line:

Multiple markers at this line
- Syntax error, insert "}" to complete ClassBody
- Syntax error on token "}", delete this token

Made the obvious attempts to fix by deleting and adding "}" characters. Was unable to fix.

Background: the java program at hand was copied from NetBeans IDE into Eclipse, without any change that I am aware of.
  • Attachment: mm.jpg
    (Size: 15.12KB, Downloaded 205 times)
Re: Multiple markers on end brace [message #781202 is a reply to message #781196] Fri, 20 January 2012 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Harry Houdini is currently offline Harry HoudiniFriend
Please join the concerned code.
Re: Multiple markers on end brace [message #781216 is a reply to message #781202] Fri, 20 January 2012 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hgladney  is currently offline hgladney Friend
I am uncertain what is meant by "join the concerned code", but assumed this is a request for the full program.

However, when I went back to Eclipse to see the confusing message, it did not reappear. Instead, when I first added an end-brace and deleted the same end-brace, the messages vanished!

???

Apologies for bothering anyone. Razz
Re: Multiple markers on end brace [message #781219 is a reply to message #781216] Fri, 20 January 2012 20:35 Go to previous message
gothyaknow gothyaknow is currently offline gothyaknow gothyaknowFriend
hgladney wrote on Fri, 20 January 2012 15:32
I am uncertain what is meant by "join the concerned code", but assumed this is a request for the full program.

Dude, just paste here the part of your code that is giving you the error. Otherwise no one can help you.
You can put it between the "code tags".

hgladney wrote on Fri, 20 January 2012 15:32

Instead, when I first added an end-brace and deleted the same end-brace, the messages vanished!

Remember to save before recompiling/running.

[Updated on: Fri, 20 January 2012 20:38]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Problem with .gdbinit
Next Topic:[SOLVED] Running the application not in console
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:56:15 GMT 2024