Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Trouble downloading source code for previous versions of Eclipse via CVS
Trouble downloading source code for previous versions of Eclipse via CVS [message #781166] Thu, 19 January 2012 05:09
Thomas Devine is currently offline Thomas DevineFriend
Greetings.

I am a graduate student attempting to perform analyses of Eclipse products involving static metrics derived from source code. I need to access the source code for 4 releases of Eclipse, i.e. Europa, Ganymede, Galileo, and Helios. I have been able to use cvs checkout to download around 90% of the source code, specifying the version by using the proper 1-VLXH3G of the release as a command line argument. I am completely unable to locate source for files in the following components and releases:

Any file in the component CDT for all releases
Any file in the component PDE for Galileo and Helios
Around 50% of files in the component Datatools for Ganymede, Galileo, and Helios
Around 15% of files in the component Mylyn for Ganymede

Can anyone can help me locate source code for these components? I suspect that perhaps some components have become obsolete and moved elsewhere (maybe to an attic?) and I am unable to access them because I am looking in the wrong place.

Thank you for any offered assistance!!

Tom
Previous Topic:Trouble downloading source code for previous versions of Eclipse via CVS
Next Topic:400 Bad Request
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 05:48:33 GMT 2024