Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Cannot debug with Zend + Safari on OSX Snow Leopard
Cannot debug with Zend + Safari on OSX Snow Leopard [message #780886] Thu, 19 January 2012 19:30
Christopher Burns is currently offline Christopher BurnsFriend
Hi all,

I am hoping there is a simple explanation for this, but so far I have not been able to figure it out.

I am running Helios+PDT on a Mac (running OSX 10.6.8).

I have everything set up for debugging with the Zend debugger, per all of the instructions and tutorials around the Net, and it works... just not conveniently.

When I hit the debug button on a PHP page, to debug as a Web Page, not a CLI script, Safari opens onto an error page saying "Safari can't find the file".

The URI in the browser begins with:
file: /// eclipse/Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS/

followed by the URI of my script page:
http: // localhost/MySite/MyScript.php

** SORRY FOR THE FUNKY FORMATTING... CAN'T POST LINKS YET

This is follow by all of the arguments for the debugger, however, the "?" to denote the GET params appears as a "%3F" which I would not think problematic, except...

If I remove the first part, up to the URI of my script, AND change the %3F to an actual "?" I can load that page and the debugger picks up and functions as expected.

What am I doing wrong? I know this process works fine, as I have done it a million times on a PC. Is there something special I need to do for a Mac?

One note, if I go into the Debug Config page, and Configure the PHP server, I have tried this with no path mappings as well as with a path map from the location of my script on the local web server (/Library/WebServer/Documents/MySite) pointing to the file in my project. The files in my project are the same ones sitting in the web server's docs folder, though.

Thanks for any input!

Chris

[Updated on: Thu, 19 January 2012 19:30]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Newbie: XDEBUG Waiting for Session Issue
Next Topic:XDebug - Eclipse doesn't switch back to PHP perspective
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:15:34 GMT 2024