Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Explore Files not working in Linux (SLES10)(Java exception "index out of bounds" when attempting to "Explore Files")
Explore Files not working in Linux (SLES10) [message #780329] Tue, 17 January 2012 16:03 Go to next message
Rob Marshall is currently offline Rob MarshallFriend
Hi,

I wasn't really sure where to ask this question, so...

I'm running Eclipse 3.7.1 on a Linux (SLES10) system. When I open the context menu on a directory in the package explorer and select "Explore Files" I don't get a directory browser and instead I see:

Exception in thread "Launching - " java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
        at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:444)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:593)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:466)
        at com.aptana.ide.pathtools.CommandLauncher$1.run(CommandLauncher.java:46)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

That would seem to indicate that there's nothing defined for exploring files. Is there a specific file explorer that I need? And how do I tell Eclipse what to use?

Thanks,

Rob
Re: Explore Files not working in Linux (SLES10) [message #780427 is a reply to message #780329] Tue, 17 January 2012 20:30 Go to previous message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
Are you sure this is an Eclipse contributed menu item. I'm not familiar with this item and the stack trace seems to indicate that it might be a feature provided by aptana.com.
Re: Explore Files not working in Linux (SLES10) [message #780428 is a reply to message #780427] Tue, 17 January 2012 19:44 Go to previous message
Hi David,

I have the same menu item on Mac (where I'm running Eclipse 3.7.0) and it works fine. I believe it ends up calling Finder. I do have Aptana installed (well, really RadRails) and I don't know if the item was there before or not. I just recently starting using it on my Mac and wanted to use it on Linux, but, like I said, it doesn't appear to work.

Rob
Re: Explore Files not working in Linux (SLES10) [message #780431 is a reply to message #780427] Tue, 17 January 2012 20:28 Go to previous message
Sorry, my browser was hanging and it didn't look like the reply got submitted...ended up doing it twice.

[Updated on: Tue, 17 January 2012 20:33]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:multiple outline views or navigation bar
Next Topic:Can Eclipse give a tooltip with function parameters like Netbeans?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:42:11 GMT 2024