Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Ignored resources appear in repository(Ignored resources appear in repository)
Ignored resources appear in repository [message #778232] Wed, 11 January 2012 20:49 Go to next message
Robert Emmons is currently offline Robert EmmonsFriend
Is there any way to omit certain folders and files in a project from the repository commits?

I added the parent folder (build/**.* and build/*.*) to "Ignored Resources" in "Window/Preferences/Team", but the files created in build and its sub-folders still appear when I commit changes. I have an Ant build which puts files into the build folder and its sub-folders, and this seems to cause problems committing or updating.

The only possible solution I have been able to think of is to move the build folder out of the project folder, and I prefer to keep it there with the rest of the project files.

How else can I omit the build folder, sub-folders and files from the repository?

Thanks for any hints.
Re: Ignored resources appear in repository [message #820579 is a reply to message #778232] Wed, 14 March 2012 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul van der Meijs is currently offline Paul van der MeijsFriend
I've had the same problem with files within the .settings folder. First I tried adding ".settings" to the "Ignored Resources" in the preferences but it didn't work. What I did to ignore the folders is using the global-ignores property in the Subversion config file. The file can be found in Windows at %APPDATA%\Subversion\config. Make sure the global-ignores line is uncommented and at the folder names you want to ignore to it.
Re: Ignored resources appear in repository [message #903163 is a reply to message #820579] Wed, 22 August 2012 10:59 Go to previous message
Caille Rotie is currently offline Caille RotieFriend
I have the same issue.
You need to restart eclipse after modify %APPDATA%\Subversion\config.
In my case, I can exclude file or folder that have no version. But I don't know how exclude file or folder where are already in the repesitory.
Previous Topic:Can I preserve column widths in History view?
Next Topic:Commit problems (No such Transaction/Checksum)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:23:20 GMT 2024