Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Create C++ project from Existing source
Create C++ project from Existing source [message #777606] Tue, 10 January 2012 19:59 Go to next message
R Meehan is currently offline R MeehanFriend
I'm using Eclipse 3.5 on Fedora and am having issues creating a new c++ project from an existing directory and source code without it copying the files into the workspace. Because of this when I alter the files in the original source directory, the changes are not reflected in the eclipse project, I have to alter the files in the workspace folder for them to change.
Re: Create C++ project from Existing source [message #777618 is a reply to message #777606] Tue, 10 January 2012 20:30 Go to previous message
R Meehan is currently offline R MeehanFriend
Well I've solved my issue, in the C++ project creation wizard I needed to uncheck the "Use Default Location" box and specify my existing directory as the Location using the Browse button. Found my answer in the Eclipse help documentation under Getting Started -> Tutorial: Importing an Existing Project. I would paste the link but I dont' have enough posts yet.
Previous Topic:"Clean" actually does a build?
Next Topic:(CDT + cygwin) paths to referenced projects are not unix style
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 08:01:40 GMT 2024