Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Could not find context menu New->Category for an extension
Could not find context menu New->Category for an extension [message #776695] Mon, 09 January 2012 04:49 Go to next message
Nick Clevery is currently offline Nick CleveryFriend
Hi all,

I am following Eclipse Help tutorial on creating an Eclipse plug-in, I am at Add a view category. The document says:

- Select "org.eclipse.ui.views" in the list box under "All Extensions" heading in the "Extensions" page

- Right-click and select "New->category" from the context menu

There is a New menu but no category sub menu, I could not find the New->category when right clicking. I am using Indigo.

Please help.

Thanks.

Re: Could not find context menu New->Category for an extension [message #780524 is a reply to message #776695] Wed, 18 January 2012 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shreyas k is currently offline shreyas kFriend
if it is not showing you New->category, it definitely must show you New->Generic and if it does....there's a problem with your eclipse..
i am saying this coz even i faced the same problem and resolved it by borrowing a friends eclipse copy...or u can directly edit the plugin.xml also
Re: Could not find context menu New->Category for an extension [message #789753 is a reply to message #780524] Fri, 03 February 2012 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, thanks for your reply. I can edit the plugin.xml directly, however still wonder why Eclipse has that problem ???
Re: Could not find context menu New->Category for an extension [message #791717 is a reply to message #789753] Mon, 06 February 2012 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Abhijeet Shankargouda is currently offline Abhijeet ShankargoudaFriend
I can help you with this.
Goto Help-> Install New Softwares.
You find work with:
in that you enter :Galileo http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo. (enter Galileo or Helios etc depending on your eclipse version )
and select Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment, then next proceed , it will download and update your eclipse then you restart your eclipse and check the issue you were facing .
Re: Could not find context menu New->Category for an extension [message #797606 is a reply to message #791717] Mon, 13 February 2012 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Abhijeet Shankargouda,
I'll try it.
Re: Could not find context menu New->Category for an extension [message #875597 is a reply to message #797606] Wed, 23 May 2012 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raphael POITTEVIN is currently offline Raphael POITTEVINFriend
Hi!

I had the same problem, running on an Eclipse Indigo 3.7.2 (Build id: 20120216-1857)
I tried to install "Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment" as proposed by Abhijeet Shankargouda but it was already installed and the problem was still there.

I finally fixed this issue by simply installing the following :
- Eclipse RCP Plug-in Developer Resources

(Windows -> install new software -> "http: //download.eclipse.org/releases/indigo")

Hope it might help someone...
Raphael
Re: Could not find context menu New->Category for an extension [message #1066845 is a reply to message #776695] Thu, 04 July 2013 17:50 Go to previous message
Dwayne Randle is currently offline Dwayne RandleFriend
Hi,

Raphael, addding Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment worked for me to.

I am using indigo, More specifically.

Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers.

Version: Indigo Service Release 2
Build id: 20120216-1857

Thanks,
Dwayne

Dwayne Randle
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
www.randlesoftware.com
Previous Topic:SavePerspectiveAction does not work in eclipse 4.2
Next Topic:Facing Problem while installing JBoss Hibernate Tool
Goto Forum: