Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » JMS/ActiveMQ Equinox OSGi bundle
JMS/ActiveMQ Equinox OSGi bundle [message #88833] Tue, 29 May 2007 12:49 Go to next message
Raj Saini is currently offline Raj SainiFriend
Hi,

I have created a JMS/ActiveMQ bundle taking a cue from Http/Jetty
bundle. Various OSGi bundles wraps up ActiveMQ and its dependences.
However, it does not provide creating administrating objects such as
Connection Factories, Destinations etc yet.

if community is interested, I would like to contribute this to
Equinox-Server.

Thanks,

Raj
Re: JMS/ActiveMQ Equinox OSGi bundle [message #88866 is a reply to message #88833] Tue, 29 May 2007 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: alex_blewitt.yahoo.com

Cool :-) If it's licensed under EPL, I'd suggest filing a bug at https://bugs.eclipse.org and attach the code to the Equinox (or equinox incubator) component. You might also want to follow up with a mail to the equinox-dev mailing list, which tends to get used more for development-type discussions rather than general discussions to see what the feeling is.

(NB I'm not an Eclipse committer, so I can't speak on behalf of what Equinox would actually want to do with it ...)

Alex.
Re: JMS/ActiveMQ Equinox OSGi bundle [message #90375 is a reply to message #88833] Wed, 13 June 2007 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: slewis.composent.com

> Hi,
>
> I have created a JMS/ActiveMQ bundle taking a cue
> from Http/Jetty
> bundle. Various OSGi bundles wraps up ActiveMQ and
> its dependences.
> However, it does not provide creating administrating
> objects such as
> Connection Factories, Destinations etc yet.
>
> if community is interested, I would like to
> contribute this to
> Equinox-Server.

Hi Raj.

I am the project lead for the ECF project: http://www.eclipse.org/ecf.

We already have a JMS provider bundle, and a rather old (3.5) ActiveMQ-based implementation. These are not at the Eclipse Foundation (rather here: http://ecf1.osuosl.org) because of time it takes to get IP approval.

But we (ECF) would like to use your contribution, and perhaps we could submit to IP approval process on your behalf...at the same time we can/would use it for ECF-based applications.

Please contact me directly at slewis@composent.com or at ecf-dev@eclipse.org if you are interested in doing this. We would be able to use this work immediately (as we already have apps that run on the ECF APIs...and it's possible to just plugin your activemq-based JMS implementation underneath as a provider).

Scott
Re: JMS/ActiveMQ Equinox OSGi bundle [message #93218 is a reply to message #90375] Sun, 29 July 2007 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: kitplummer.gmail.com

Hey Raj.

What's the state of your bundle? I'm pretty interested in the concept...outside of Eclipse. I quickly looked through the ECF source and didn't see anything there...have you made any progress?
Re: JMS/ActiveMQ Equinox OSGi bundle [message #93252 is a reply to message #93218] Mon, 30 July 2007 11:28 Go to previous message
Raj Saini is currently offline Raj SainiFriend
Hi Kit,

I wrote to Scott Lewis about this long back ago. I think he was busy
with Europa release that time. So, no progress on incorporating it
with ECF.

I was also busy with my day job and work is still unfinished. For me
these bundles are part of a bigger goal of creating a OSGi based server
for business application including a service bus (ServiceMix).

Thanks,

Raj

Kit Plummer wrote:
> Hey Raj.
>
> What's the state of your bundle? I'm pretty interested in the concept...outside of Eclipse. I quickly looked through the ECF source and didn't see anything there...have you made any progress?
Previous Topic:Making shared classes available on the classpath of an OSGi application deployed on Tomcat
Next Topic:servlet linkage error when using servlet bridge
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:01:40 GMT 2024