Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Virgo application server support
Virgo application server support [message #772394] Thu, 29 December 2011 17:05 Go to next message
Nick Baker is currently offline Nick BakerFriend
Hi Everyone,

I've built a solution on top of Karaf, but am evaluating a migration to Virgo for the partitioning and access Gemini vs Aries.

My question is regarding app server support. I see that Virgo is bundled with Tomcat and has Jetty support, but I need this to run on all the big names (WebSphere, Glassfish, WebLogic, JBoss).

Thanks,
Nick
Re: Virgo application server support [message #774092 is a reply to message #772394] Tue, 03 January 2012 08:47 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Virgo provides alternative application servers and kernels and does not run under other application servers.

I recommend that you build your solution as OSGi standard web application bundles with supporting OSGi bundles accessed via OSGi services so that you can run on any OSGi capable application server including Virgo, WebSphere, Glassfish, and possibly JBoss (not sure whether JBoss supports Web Application Bundles), (but probably not WebLogic). You can then deploy your solution to Virgo using one or more Virgo-specific plans which refer to the portable bundles.
Previous Topic:Cannot connect to the user region of VTS 3.5M1 via remote SSH
Next Topic:Virgo 2.1.1 and Blazeds 4.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:38:33 GMT 2024