Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » No Internet connection(My Eclipse seems to be offline in all networks, tried on several computers)
No Internet connection [message #770882] Sun, 25 December 2011 17:27 Go to next message
Mark Bosshard is currently offline Mark BosshardFriend
Hey everyone

I am trying to install an ADT Plugin for android (I know, I shouldn't ask this topic here therefore, but waite, it IS an Eclipse trouble!) and my eclipse says
"unable to read repository at (entered address)". ALSO if I go to Check for updates I get a similar problem:

Unable to read repository at ht(Icannotuselinks)tp://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/3.7/content.xml.
Cannot assign requested address: JVM_Bind
Unable to read repository at ht(Icannotuselinks)tp://download.eclipse.org/releases/indigo/content.xml.
Cannot assign requested address: JVM_Bind

I tried to use the version 3.6 and 3.7, nothing different. I tried this at university, at home and in my other appartment with a public wlan - everywhere same story. I am not using any proxy, every other program gets online without any issue.
How can I get my eclipse online? I tried it on two computers (32bit and 64bit) and just cant solve the problem. btw (ok this is android specific but I'm gonna post it eventhough to let you know) If I download the adt manually and import it as an archive it also needs internet download stuff, so that step doesn't help me, my eclipse is just offline -.-

Thanks for any help!

cheerio Mark
Re: No Internet connection [message #771228 is a reply to message #770882] Mon, 26 December 2011 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saurav sarkar is currently offline saurav sarkarFriend
looks really strange to me.

Could you try checking your connections tab under the preferences in the IDE ?. Check whether any proxy settings is there or not.

cheers,
Saurav

Re: No Internet connection [message #771229 is a reply to message #771228] Mon, 26 December 2011 18:13 Go to previous message
Mark Bosshard is currently offline Mark BosshardFriend
Thank you for giving me that advice. I tried switching it to native and direct, both didn't help. Oh and I did run the program as an administrator (right click --> run as administrator). I was wrong - it is working on my 32-bit computer! But not on my 64, which unfortunately is the portable one Wink

Is there any "standard proxy settings" I should enter? As told I use several networks, all my browsers and other applications don't have settings..

Thanks!
cheerio Mark
Previous Topic:WST dependecies
Next Topic:Importing files into Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:03:17 GMT 2024