Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » emf.edit dependency on IDE code(emf dependency problems)
emf.edit dependency on IDE code [message #766030] Thu, 15 December 2011 05:26 Go to next message
Peter Neorr is currently offline Peter NeorrFriend
I've been getting into EMF recently and I'm really impressed with its ability to generate ItemProviders for different JFace viewers. Is it possible to take advantage of this feature in my RCP application without adding a dependency on org.eclipse.ui.ide?

The examples I've seen online make use of the AdapterFactoryContentProvider class that lives in the org.eclipse.emf.edit.ui bundle. Unfortunately that bundle has a dependency on org.eclipse.ui.ide, which adds a lot of unwanted stuff to my application.

Are there any work-arounds that would allow me to use emf.edit and not clutter up my application with IDE stuff?

Regards,
Peter
Re: emf.edit dependency on IDE code [message #766037 is a reply to message #766030] Thu, 15 December 2011 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Am 15.12.2011 06:26, schrieb Peter Neorr:
> I've been getting into EMF recently and I'm really impressed with its ability to generate ItemProviders for different
> JFace viewers. Is it possible to take advantage of this feature in my RCP application without adding a dependency on
> org.eclipse.ui.ide?
>
> The examples I've seen online make use of the AdapterFactoryContentProvider class that lives in the
> org.eclipse.emf.edit.ui bundle. Unfortunately that bundle has a dependency on org.eclipse.ui.ide, which adds a lot of
> unwanted stuff to my application.
> Are there any work-arounds that would allow me to use emf.edit and not clutter up my application with IDE stuff?
The dependency of org.eclipse.emf.edit.ui on org.eclipse.ui.ide is marked optional. I bet you've used the button "Add
required plugins" somewhere with the checkbox "Include optional plugins" enabled ;-)

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper

Re: emf.edit dependency on IDE code [message #766398 is a reply to message #766037] Thu, 15 December 2011 18:01 Go to previous message
Peter Neorr is currently offline Peter NeorrFriend
Eike Stepper wrote on Thu, 15 December 2011 00:44

The dependency of org.eclipse.emf.edit.ui on org.eclipse.ui.ide is marked optional. I bet you've used the button "Add
required plugins" somewhere with the checkbox "Include optional plugins" enabled Wink

Cheers
/Eike

This was exactly my problem. You really made my day! Thank you!!
-Peter
Previous Topic:Element root not accessible via DocumentRoot EObject.
Next Topic:[CDO] invalidation process fails in CDTOTransation.removeCrossReferences()
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:31:05 GMT 2024