Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Can Buckminster headless launch a *.launch file for external tools?
Can Buckminster headless launch a *.launch file for external tools? [message #765542] Wed, 14 December 2011 09:31 Go to next message
Matthew Webber is currently offline Matthew WebberFriend
I attempted to use the headless buckminster "launch" command to run a *.launch file that specifies an external tool. I got the following error message:

Launch configuration type id "org.eclipse.ui.externaltools.ProgramLaunchConfigurationType" does not exist.
Possible causes:
Missing specification of a launch type (missing plug-in)
Incorrect launch configuration XML

Is headless buckminster able to run this type of launch file?

Thanks
Matthew

Re: Can Buckminster headless launch a *.launch file for external tools? [message #765548 is a reply to message #765542] Wed, 14 December 2011 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Volker Stolz is currently offline Volker StolzFriend
Did you try depending on the org.eclipse.ui.externaltools plugin? Maybe this already helps, even though you're headless.

-Volker
Re: Can Buckminster headless launch a *.launch file for external tools? [message #765552 is a reply to message #765548] Wed, 14 December 2011 09:41 Go to previous message
Matthew Webber is currently offline Matthew WebberFriend
I presume that org.eclipse.ui.externaltools needs to be part of the Eclipse I am running - i.e. headless buackminster. Putting it in the workspace probably won't help. I'll give it a try, though.

Matthew
Re: Can Buckminster headless launch a *.launch file for external tools? [message #765553 is a reply to message #765542] Wed, 14 December 2011 09:41 Go to previous message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Hi Matthew,

For reasons unknown to me, the externaltools where written without a clean separation between headless and UI
components. This means that it's less straight forward to run it headlessly. First, you must install all needed UI
components which will make the headless tool quite large.

So, the answer is yes, Buckminster is able to launch it, but a lot of stuff must be installed first.

- thomas

On 2011-12-14 10:31, Matthew Webber wrote:
> I attempted to use the headless buckminster "launch" command to run a *.launch file that specifies an external tool. I
> got the following error message:
>
> Launch configuration type id "org.eclipse.ui.externaltools.ProgramLaunchConfigurationType" does not exist.
> Possible causes:
> Missing specification of a launch type (missing plug-in)
> Incorrect launch configuration XML
>
> Is headless buckminster able to run this type of launch file?
>
> Thanks
> Matthew
>
>
Previous Topic:Resolution / Materialization / Build times
Next Topic:How do I selectively skip components?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:02:19 GMT 2024