Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Cannot Launch Debugger(For C++ Program, Eclipse (Mac OS Lion 10.7.2) cannot launch debugger)
Cannot Launch Debugger [message #764688] Mon, 12 December 2011 17:18 Go to next message
Dan  is currently offline Dan Friend
I am new to Eclipse and this forum.

I am running Mac OS Lion (10.7.2) and have downloaded and installed XCode 4.1 and Eclipse Indigo.

I have a straightforward C++ program. The program compiles and executes correctly in Eclipse. But when I go to Debug, it won't start and I get this message, "Launching <program> Debug has encountered a problem, Program is not a recognized executable." When I click "Details" I get the "not an executable" message four times.

In the Project properties / settings, it is pointed to GDB and to the right executable. I can launch GDB with the program executable from a terminal window and it works fine.

I've scoured the internet and Bugzilla, but I've only seen one other instance of this problem and the solution given didn't work for me (and was for Windows anyhow).

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Re: Cannot Launch Debugger [message #764725 is a reply to message #764688] Mon, 12 December 2011 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaus km is currently offline Klaus kmFriend
Dan wrote on Mon, 12 December 2011 12:18

I've scoured the internet

Hard to believe...

in a few seconds I found this:
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/699652/

And please use the Eclipse help, for example:

http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.cdt.doc.user%2Ftasks%2Fcdt_t_proj_parser.htm

Regards,
Klaus

Re: Cannot Launch Debugger [message #765645 is a reply to message #764725] Wed, 14 December 2011 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VGG  is currently offline VGG Friend
Hello,

I think my problem is similar to Dan's problem. I'll happy if any one can assist me.

I've successfully run my remote application through "Run As" mode.
But when I keep similar type of setting in "Debug As" mode(obviously with configuration as debug) then eclipse throws an error saying
"Exception Occured during launch - Reason: Program is not recognized executable".

Please help me out as I'm new to eclipse.

Thanks & Regards,
VGG
Re: Cannot Launch Debugger [message #773589 is a reply to message #765645] Mon, 02 January 2012 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ksk sgt is currently offline ksk sgtFriend
I've had the same issue, but yesterday I found a way to debug C++ with eclipse in OSX Lion Mac.

After "Mach-O 64 Parser" has been checked in "Binary Parsers" box, my eclipse could debug my C++ program.

How about trying above.

Regards,
ksk.sgt
Re: Cannot Launch Debugger [message #990117 is a reply to message #773589] Mon, 10 December 2012 23:18 Go to previous message
Jeff Diamond is currently offline Jeff DiamondFriend
I am in Snow Leopard with a similar issue. I have been unable to find the "Binary Parsers" box - can you tell m where to find it? Much Appreciated.
Previous Topic:if the area below #ifdef is gray what does it mean ?
Next Topic:Autotools-generated make targets not shown in 'Make targets' view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:57:15 GMT 2024