Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » How do I selectively skip components?
How do I selectively skip components? [message #763191] Fri, 09 December 2011 10:23 Go to next message
Matthew Webber is currently offline Matthew WebberFriend
Background: We have a number of plugins which contain both java source code, and markup used to generate related documentation (not javadoc).

Normally when we materialize such a plugin, we want all its dependencies (i.e. what's listed in the manifest, plus add additional ones in the cspex if there is one). This is absolutely standard, and buckminster handles it properly.

When we build our documentation, we need to materialize the plugin, but none of it's dependencies. I can't figure out a good way to do this, and would appreciate any suggestions.

Obviously I can have a special CQuery, with advisor nodes that explicitely list all the plugins with documentation, and skip any other components. But it would be nicer if the plugin itself could say "I contain documentation", and have the CQuery utilize that somehow. Is there something I can do with attributes and filters?

"Having documentation" is a characteristic of the plugin, so it seems more natural to declare that in the plugin rather than the CQuery.

Thanks
Matthew
Re: How do I selectively skip components? [message #763220 is a reply to message #763191] Fri, 09 December 2011 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thorsten Meinl is currently offline Thorsten MeinlFriend
I believe the "Attribute qualification" in the CQUERY is of help. You
add public attributes to your components having documentation via the
cspecx and then specify this attribute in the cquery. See also the
section about "Attribute qualification" in the Bucky Book. I haven't
tried it myself yet, though.
Re: How do I selectively skip components? [message #765554 is a reply to message #763220] Wed, 14 December 2011 09:43 Go to previous message
Matthew Webber is currently offline Matthew WebberFriend
Thanks Thorsten, that worked!
Matthew
Previous Topic:Can Buckminster headless launch a *.launch file for external tools?
Next Topic:Cannot resolve with Eclipse 3.7 any more
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:24:17 GMT 2024