Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Debugger problem reading symbol information(Debugger)
Debugger problem reading symbol information [message #762254] Wed, 07 December 2011 19:08 Go to next message
SteveL is currently offline SteveLFriend
Forum,

I am attempting to debug a set of executables in Eclipse; one .exe and a pair of .dlls. These executables were created under Msys/MinGW, a UNIX environment simulator for Windows and of course compiled to run under windows as is the purpose of Msys/MinGW. I have imported those three executables into Eclipse; the .exe and one of the .dll's can be debugged, but the other not. I am pretty confident the .dll that does not parse in the debugger is a debug build; all three files have much larger file sizes than the non-debug builds. Futher the .dll that wont debug in Eclipse appears to be processed properly by gcc.

Thoughts on what I might try would be appreciated. Thx,

S.

[Updated on: Wed, 07 December 2011 22:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Debugger problem reading symbol information [message #763140 is a reply to message #762254] Fri, 09 December 2011 08:45 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi,

lately I had a similar problem on my Mac with Eclipse Indigo and the GCC toolchain.
I was not able to debug sources in subdirectories, e.g. {MyProject}/persistence. Moving all sources to the top level directory and debugging them there solved the problem. For a hierarchical structure in my program I only use namespaces now. This solved the problem for my small project and maybe it could be a solution or workaround for you, too. Otherwise you might consider using Visual Studio for debugging. IMHO its debugging abilities are better than those of CDT.
However, it cannot be a durable solution and CDT developers should approach this problem.

Exquisitus

[Updated on: Fri, 09 December 2011 11:43] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Compiling multiple programs in a project
Next Topic:class-member
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:51:07 GMT 2024