Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Indigo Problems View is Empty(Trying to get Problems View Functioning)
Indigo Problems View is Empty [message #762251] Wed, 07 December 2011 19:01 Go to next message
Chuck  is currently offline Chuck Friend
Why can't I get anything to show up in the Problems view?

I've configured it to "Show All" and nothing shows. I've searched everywhere but can't find any tips that will fix it. I do get a few entries in the Markers view, but they show up as unknown with empty Resource and Path fields.

This has never worked and I'm trying to change that.

I also notice that Project > Clean... is grayed out and not selectable.

The project is built using an external ant builder.

The java files in the Navigator do not indicate any problems when there are displayed errors in the file. The errors display in side the java files, but nowhere else are they displayed.

I have installed the latest Indigo release (SR1) and created a new workspace and then checked out a clean project from SVN.

Thanks,

Chuck
Re: Indigo Problems View is Empty [message #762674 is a reply to message #762251] Thu, 08 December 2011 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satyam Kandula is currently offline Satyam KandulaFriend
Make sure that the java builder is enabled for your project.
Re: Indigo Problems View is Empty [message #762755 is a reply to message #762674] Thu, 08 December 2011 15:27 Go to previous message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
The Eclipse problem view depends on the internal Eclipse compiler. If you are running an external ant builder, you won't see any compiler errors in the Problem View.
Previous Topic: Minimalist GUI, do I need to add anything to Eclipse IDE?
Next Topic:How do I export the project with a jar inside?.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 09:23:22 GMT 2024