Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » Eclipse gemini integration with eclipse RCP
Eclipse gemini integration with eclipse RCP [message #760698] Sun, 04 December 2011 11:15 Go to next message
Missing name Missing name is currently offline Missing name Missing nameFriend
Hello,

I am trying to integrate eclipse gemini into an eclipse RCP application. Can anyone please provide guidelines as to how to go about this integration?

Where do I look to? What are the steps to take?

Regards,

Julien.
Re: Eclipse gemini integration with eclipse RCP [message #760735 is a reply to message #760698] Sun, 04 December 2011 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Keith is currently offline Michael KeithFriend
Hi Julien,

Could you be a bit more specific about which Gemini projects you are using and what problems you are encountering?

Thanks,
-Mike
Re: Eclipse gemini integration with eclipse RCP [message #760778 is a reply to message #760735] Mon, 05 December 2011 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Mike,

Thanks for your reply. Basically I am trying to integrate spring framework (3.0.6) into a rcp application using for that purpose Gemini Blueprint.

I am very new to eclipse rcp and I am not sure what steps to take i.e. do I need to add the gemini blueprint jars as a plugin or as a library of jars?

Then at osgi level, how do I make sure gemini blueprint starts together with my app?

Regards,

Julien.
Re: Eclipse gemini integration with eclipse RCP [message #760911 is a reply to message #760778] Mon, 05 December 2011 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Costin, or someone from the Blueprint team should be able to help you, there.
Re: Eclipse gemini integration with eclipse RCP [message #762052 is a reply to message #760911] Wed, 07 December 2011 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
Costin, or someone from the Blueprint team should be able to help you, there.

Hello Mike,
Do you mean there's another forum dedicated to Blueprint? I haven't found any.
Regards,
Julien.

[Updated on: Wed, 07 December 2011 13:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse gemini integration with eclipse RCP [message #762054 is a reply to message #762052] Wed, 07 December 2011 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am with you now. You meant the RCP forum...
Thanks.
Re: Eclipse gemini integration with eclipse RCP [message #762101 is a reply to message #762052] Wed, 07 December 2011 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, this is the correct forum, it's just that as you may have noticed from the posts in this forum, Gemini is composed of multiple subprojects, only one of which is Blueprint. I was just letting you know that Costin is the Gemini Blueprint lead so if nobody else from the community has anything to offer then he should be able to comment.

-Mike
Re: Eclipse gemini integration with eclipse RCP [message #762103 is a reply to message #762101] Wed, 07 December 2011 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Costin Leau is currently offline Costin LeauFriend
There isn't anything specific that needs to be done to combine the two - blueprint can simply be started with the app by instructing the extender bundler to start (typical OSGi procedure). I haven't used RCP myself but based on the comments from various users, integrating the two is pretty straight-forward: basically use blueprint for the bundles you want to configure and you're good to go.
Re: Eclipse gemini integration with eclipse RCP [message #762824 is a reply to message #762103] Thu, 08 December 2011 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
by instructing the extender bundler to start

Thanks Costin,
Can you please advise where and how to do that? I suppose in the plugin tab of the run configuration. But how?
Regards,
Julien.

[Updated on: Thu, 08 December 2011 17:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse gemini integration with eclipse RCP [message #763292 is a reply to message #762824] Fri, 09 December 2011 14:12 Go to previous message
Hello Again,
I have posted a detailed question on the RCP forum (http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/263957/762057/#msg_762057)
I would be immensely grateful if someone could bail me out. As explained in that post, I am having problems integrating the three Gemini jars to RCP.
Any help or clue welcome.
Regards,
Julien.
Previous Topic:Gemini management first milestone released
Next Topic:Two EMFBuilder Service instances for one PU?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:24:27 GMT 2024