Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Problems using the Debug Mode in Indigo
Problems using the Debug Mode in Indigo [message #760694] Sun, 04 December 2011 10:25 Go to next message
barellia is currently offline barelliaFriend
Hi,

im working on a c++ makefile project in indigo. Running and building the application from within eclipse works fine. I set the command line parameters and it worked properly.
But when i want to debug the project i get the following problem: No source available for "main() at 0x436a70" . I assume the project is compiled without debug information, but how can i fix that problem?

thanks for your help.

regards,
barelli
Re: Problems using the Debug Mode in Indigo [message #760707 is a reply to message #760694] Sun, 04 December 2011 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
barellia is currently offline barelliaFriend
Hi,

so I tried a bit around and got it working, but its dirty. I should have mentioned that the project uses autotools.
I tried to call ./configure with CXXFLAGS=-g, but this didn't work, the resulting Makefile did not have the -g flag set. So i typed in manually into the Makefile. Now, when debugging from eclipse no error message is displayed and debugging works.
But as I said this is not a nice way.
Does someone know how i achieve these steps correctly using autotools?

regards,
barelli
Re: Problems using the Debug Mode in Indigo [message #760848 is a reply to message #760707] Mon, 05 December 2011 12:41 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
http://www.eclipse.org/linuxtools/projectPages/autotools/

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:Static check of identifier length
Next Topic:Delay after adding includes to recognize objects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:45:53 GMT 2024