Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Profiling RAP using Yourkit and Eclipse
Profiling RAP using Yourkit and Eclipse [message #758476] Wed, 23 November 2011 12:18 Go to next message
Avrajit Chatterjee is currently offline Avrajit ChatterjeeFriend
Hi,

I know that RAP team generally uses Yourkit as a profiling tool.Hence I need some pointers from you guys. I am trying to profile my RAP application using Yourkit eclipse plugin and running my application as 'RAP Application' in eclipse. But in yourkit profile configuration in eclipse there is no 'RAP application launcher'. I know RAP uses Jetty internally for executing in eclipse and Yourkit supports J2EE apps along with Jetty. My question is how can I launch my RAP application in eclipse and profile it with Yourkit at the same time?

Re: Profiling RAP using Yourkit and Eclipse [message #758616 is a reply to message #758476] Wed, 23 November 2011 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rüdiger Herrmann is currently offline Rüdiger HerrmannFriend
to profile your RAP application, you don't need to install the YourKit
Eclipse plug-in. Just add the YourKit agent to the VM arguments of your
RAP launch configuration like so:
-agentlib:yjpagent
See the YourKit documentation for details.
Once the RAP application is started, you can connect to it from YourKit.

HTH
Rüdiger

On 23.11.2011 13:18, Avrajit wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know that RAP team generally uses Yourkit as a profiling tool.Hence I
> need some pointers from you guys. I am trying to profile my RAP
> application using Yourkit eclipse plugin and running my application as
> 'RAP Application' in eclipse. But in yourkit profile configuration in
> eclipse there is no 'RAP application launcher'. I know RAP uses Jetty
> internally for executing in eclipse and Yourkit supports J2EE apps along
> with Jetty. My question is how can I launch my RAP application in
> eclipse and profile it with Yourkit at the same time?
>
--
Rüdiger Herrmann
http://codeaffine.com
Re: Profiling RAP using Yourkit and Eclipse [message #758642 is a reply to message #758616] Thu, 24 November 2011 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yury Mising name is currently offline Yury Mising nameFriend
Avrajit
You can launch your application as OSGI framework. This launch will be automatically added to Yourkit launch configurations.

Best regards,
Yury.
Re: Profiling RAP using Yourkit and Eclipse [message #758643 is a reply to message #758616] Thu, 24 November 2011 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yury is currently offline YuryFriend
Avrajit
You can launch your application as OSGI framework. This launch will be automatically added to Yourkit launch configurations.

Best regards,
Yury.
Re: Profiling RAP using Yourkit and Eclipse [message #758646 is a reply to message #758476] Thu, 24 November 2011 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks a lot friends. I actually figured it out from one of my team mates yesterday.
Re: Profiling RAP using Yourkit and Eclipse [message #758647 is a reply to message #758476] Thu, 24 November 2011 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks a lot friends. I actually figured it out from one of my team mates yesterday.
Re: Profiling RAP using Yourkit and Eclipse [message #788298 is a reply to message #758476] Wed, 01 February 2012 16:02 Go to previous message
Cosmin DIGA is currently offline Cosmin DIGAFriend

See if this thread h**p://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/262607/758476/#msg_758476 can help you.

@admin: This is funny: You cannot use links until you have posted more than 5 messages.
Previous Topic:by using eclipse wtp3.3 create WAR product configuration,export war file,one error occurs
Next Topic:Profiling RAP using Yourkit and Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 13:09:47 GMT 2024