Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Use export diagram to bitmap(Is it possible to use the standard export to bitmap feature for own code?)
Use export diagram to bitmap [message #758427] Wed, 23 November 2011 09:18 Go to next message
Georg Hackenberg is currently offline Georg HackenbergFriend
Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to use the export to bitmap feature for my own code? The reason is that I need to export a rich text document from the diagram contents. The document should contain information about the domain/business model, some model analysis results, and the diagram itself for an overview. Does anybody have an idea how to retrieve the diagram as a bitmap via the Graphiti (or any other) API?

Best,

Georg
Re: Use export diagram to bitmap [message #759389 is a reply to message #758427] Mon, 28 November 2011 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi again,

Georg Hackenberg wrote on Wed, 23 November 2011 10:18
I was wondering if it is possible to use the export to bitmap feature for my own code?

To be more precise: I am talking about the "Export Diagram..." feature, which is accessible via the diagram's context menu.

Maybe there is also an alternative to generating a bitmap programmatically from the diagram via the Graphiti API (e.g. accessing the rendering algorithms directly)?

Best,

Georg
Re: Use export diagram to bitmap [message #768609 is a reply to message #759389] Tue, 20 December 2011 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi again,

a colleague of mine, who is using Draw2D directly, was suggesting to access somehow the editor's IFigure interface. Did anybody try that before? Do you think that might work with Graphiti?

Best,

Georg
Re: Use export diagram to bitmap [message #774756 is a reply to message #768609] Wed, 04 January 2012 14:37 Go to previous message
Hey,

for everybody who faces the same issue: Have a look at the Graphiti source code, in particular the class

org.eclipse.graphiti.ui.internal.action.SaveImageAction

Best,

Georg
Previous Topic:Editor API Changes for Juno M5 (Graphiti 0.9.0)
Next Topic:Palette Layout
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:51:39 GMT 2024