Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » Update RCP Product Plugin with Bundled JRE
Update RCP Product Plugin with Bundled JRE [message #758288] Tue, 22 November 2011 15:00
Marcel Austenfeld is currently offline Marcel AustenfeldFriend
I have a RCP product in which several plugins are installed. Some of these plugins should be updated from time to time. I read that this is only possible if the product which bundles the plugins is updated, too.
The problem is that the application can't finish the update because of the bundled jre which is running in the update process. If i rename the bundled jre folder and use the installed system jre everything works fine.

My questions are:

Is there a better way to execute the update process without the need of a system jre instead of the bundled jre (No need for the user to make an extra step and install a system jre)?

I addition is it really necessary to update the whole product for three plugins which have to be updated?

Configuration:

At the moment i use Eclipse 3.7.1 as the base platform.

I have a product file with six features (which reference the following plugins: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.rcp.feature, org.eclipse.rcp,the base plugins and the three plugins which should be updated) in the "Dependencies" tab.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Previous Topic:Disable p2 garbage collector
Next Topic:Packaging jar to plugin feature
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:14:42 GMT 2024