Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Execute External Command(with arguments, large text area diff)
Execute External Command [message #757798] Mon, 21 November 2011 17:50 Go to next message
Chris Missing name is currently offline Chris Missing nameFriend
I have an issue that I would appreciate advice on how to best handle in Jubula. We are doing functional tests on a GUI that generates possibly large text window that is also associated with a text file. As part of the Jubula test I anticipated using the Execute external command to run a diff on the generated text to compare it to a cannon file, but the execute external command does not seem to allow for any arguments. What is the recommended best practice for checking large text areas and has anyone else suggested the ability to add and parameterize arguments to the execute external command?

Thanks

[Updated on: Mon, 21 November 2011 17:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Execute External Command [message #758156 is a reply to message #757798] Tue, 22 November 2011 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Arguments are permitted for the execute external command action, the description in the reference manual gives an example:
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/reference/node13.html

(Search for "Execute External Command" and repeat the search until you come to the action description).

Because the arguments are entered as they would be via the command line, multiple arguments can get tricky, but the action does allow for them.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Execute External Command [message #759482 is a reply to message #757798] Mon, 28 November 2011 19:29 Go to previous message
Chris Missing name is currently offline Chris Missing nameFriend
Thank you, I will continue to work with it.
Previous Topic:Check and Perform
Next Topic:WAIT Functions - Problem with dynamic waiting time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:15:48 GMT 2024